In a bit of a pickle

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I?m sitting in my office reading this thread and I hear on the intercom someone needs to come to the front to look at a new accord we tinted last week cause the custy thinks in sounds funny when you roll the windows up and down. Wend out side and ever thing was normal. Custy said if I roll it up and down for about a minute I will start hearing it! Thinks it might rattle when she is driving. We charge pretty much for the job so guess we will put up with the picky stuff but Jeess! I notice reading through the post some people don?t charge for felt. If we break one panel the cost can be 500 ? 600 bucks! It is a pretty easy job but things happen :poke so we charge more for the felt than we do for the tint. :poke:lol2

I notice reading through the post some people don?t charge for felt. If we break one panel the cost can be 500 ? 600 bucks! It is a pretty easy job but things happen :poke so we charge more for the felt than we do for the tint. :poke:lol2

:lol2 Stan..I'm gonna start charging so much for felt , it won't even be a consideration. I'm not trying to be greedy, I just don't want to own Honda's problem ..why should I take all the risk.

Guest Sprinter

is it really all that hard to pull the panel?

I mean come on Glass guys have to pull the panel to get to the screws and bolts to put new glass in there and I have also tinted a few new 07's and did not put felt in there and hav'nt as of yet had a call for scratched tint.

sounds like guest has a way to do it with out taking off the entire panel and yes if I would ever felt anything I would charge more for it.

stan says he charges more for the felt that the tint does that mean you get 300.00 for just the felt?

and if the car goes to the dealership for a noise in the door they would have to take the panel off, not sure TW what the problem is for the customer to be so worried about taking it off?

not sure TW what the problem is for the customer to be so worried about taking it off?

No , pulling panels isn't the issue ,he's just one of those customers that doesn't want a brand new car being pulled apart..it has nothing to do with competence .

My point about the felting isn't the extra work ,but rather the fact that thanks to Honda , us tinters now have to take it upon OURSELVES to be liable for OUR solution for THIER problem that's easily fixed on their end.

If the felt starts separating from the gasket in a couple of yrs due to adhesive failure , or the customer rolls down his windows accessively and wears them out , we are now accountable for the customer coming back to us..not Honda...yeah, I think we should make more for putting felt on..As I say, it's not the work of doing it ..it's the fact of accountability for as long as that customer has the car that I want to be compensated for :tantrum

Guest Sprinter

I understand where you are comming from, on the if the felt goes bad its your responsabillity not honda's

your right why should we have to figure out the problem.

:dunno We already roll the dice as it is with these "lifetime warranties" ..nothing like adding on extra issues like hoping the aftermarket felt adhesive holds up :tantrum

Reminds me of when Honda had window motors burning out a while back..watch it happen again and have Honda turn around and blame the tinters who put on felt to fix their mistake and saying that we've now made it so tight for the window it causes extra strain on the motors :tantrum

I mean come on Glass guys have to pull the panel to get to the screws and bolts to put new glass in there and I have also tinted a few new 07's and did not put felt in there and hav'nt as of yet had a call for scratched tint.

sounds like guest has a way to do it with out taking off the entire panel and yes if I would ever felt anything I would charge more for it.

stan says he charges more for the felt that the tint does that mean you get 300.00 for just the felt?

and if the car goes to the dealership for a noise in the door they would have to take the panel off, not sure TW what the problem is for the customer to be so worried about taking it off?

yup! Easy - Hard all priced the same! Some have airbags some don't, some are easy some not. Dealers here charge double what we charge. :tantrum

Archived