ceramic films

Guest dalman

Guest dalman

I have samples of the HO ceramic and the Madico ceramic products (both the 30/40, 3000/4000 varieties. The specs are very similar, I like the look of these products and the cost appears to be comparable...so my question is, are they of the same quality...short and long term? Installation is from the same dealer so that isn't really an issue...is there anything else I need to consider (or other than the two I have listed ceramic type products)

cheers!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dalman

so...a couple ways to look at this new vs old.

1. new tech has got to be better...

or

2. tried and true, the old has "mastered"

how does this relate then to HO and MAC?

Guest darkdan

Um.....MAC is "old tech".

It's a single ply film. HO is two ply and it's that second ply that lowers the reflectivity.

Both are nice films though. Don't get me wrong. You'll most likely be happy with either one.

Guest vclimber

dan is right. Just to add to his comments, HO does make a single-ply ceramic and it is smilar to MAC. Actually Madico uses one of the old macines that used to make Huper Ceramic, so actually their technology is not new. HO's 30 & 40 dual-ply are much less reflective and very importantly come in 72" material where MAC does not. So if you have 72" glass then HO is the only wa to go.

If the Huper Dealer in your area is a Premium Warranty dealer then you get standard glass coverage up to 2k per pane of glass. Sometimes that makes all the difference too. :poke

Guest mischief

Seems to me you should also consider who you would be buying the film from. If you have a good relationship with the distributor of either product -- buy from them. The same behavior you are hoping from your customers. I think of it as 'sales karma'. Find the person I trust and buy what they sell me.

Guest darkdan

V-Kool is what I now use.

But he already found an installer and he's just trying to pick between the two products.

Let's not confuse him with more film goodness.

Guest VOLTRON

Huper looks better in my oppinion cause it is less reflective. Everything else is about the same except for it is dual ply and the warranty is different, the huper can cover more I think.

Archived