Vista Warrenty ?? How long?

Ok.. I'm really getting sick of the place I work... but that's not the issue exactly. I just had to get that out. :woowoo

I did an install today.. V38 on everything. 450 sq/ft. At the end, the home owner asked me about the warrenty. So I pull out the paper work and go over it with her. It says 36 months for seal breakage, and 60 months for the glass breakage. (I can't recall the exact terms off-hand)

She said that the salesman specifically said that the warrenty would cover the length of the window warrenty, be it either 10 yrs or 20. (According to the sales guy that is the length of warrenty on windows)

Here I am looking like an idiot and I just kindly told her that I may perhaps have the information wrong and she should call the office.

So what exactly is the warrenty for Vista and what does it cover?!? Note - This was the normal warrenty, not the Vista Gold Warrenty. (Which I'm not even sure what that covers, only that it is an extra charge according to the sq footage of film installed - and I don't know if that figure is made up by Vista or my company)

Thanks again....

try and get the warranty covered without a true original warranty of the glass..no glass warranty in hand = no warranty from CPFilms..and some window companys void the warranty if you put film on them.

Guest DontWorryItWillDry

Hi Roach,

I don't know too many window manufacturers that cover their windows for 10 or 20 years unless it's Milgard or Andersen. (From what I've seen they now cover them with a lifetime warranty.) Maybe a manufacturer that I haven't heard of yet? :lol Anyhow, what if the window warranty is for like 1 or 2 years from a builder. Does that mean the Vista glass warranty is only for 1 or two years?

Can anyone answer that?

So Roach....who do you work for? :woowoo:mad

Guest DontWorryItWillDry

Hey Expert!

I've been trying to overcome dsl/computer problems. Don't have dsl still. Also, my work load is still enough to keep me busy and away from any online activities. I've been blessed with a great reputation that keeps referrals comin' out of no where. I wish some of the other guys could be as busy.

I just don't know how long this is going to last. hehehe

By the way, can ya answer the question I had in this thread?

Will someone be specific about the warranty you would like to know about?!

a. Glass breakage and seal failure

b. Film life expectations

c. labor

d. wtf?

So are ya thinking that Cpfilms is going to say" Nope your windows are junk so if your glass has a 2 year warranty, our film warranty will be void too after 2 years.

Reddot, I'm not really sure if that was directed at me since I posed the original question...

In any event, I had a talk with my boss and salesman today. If I'm still there in a few weeks I'll be surprised.

Basically, I was told that we, as a company, inclued the Vista Gold warrenty in homes that are brand new or if one of the concerns with the customer is the warrenty, etc. all included in their final price.

Well, had I been told that at ANY point over the past THREE years I've been working there, everything would have been a lot better.

I said to my boss that I don't understand why they, my boss and salesman, have to lie to customers about stuff. (There was another issue at the customer's home yestruday) They both said that I was too young to understand it is needed and that if they were entirely honest with customers about everything they, my company, would loose businessness to competitors.

Basically they are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job. I gave them a few examples of stuff from past jobs about what people ask me and the answers I give, then the customer tells me what they were told by my company. Which of course puts me in an crappy situation.

I have no doubt in my mind that my boss would have fired me today except for the fact he would have a lawsuite on his hands if he fires me because I refuse to be lie. (Oh, the sales guy says to me that I live in an idealistic world)

Bah...

And Don'tWorryItWillDry - I work for South Jersey Window Tinting located in Mt. Laurel NJ.... At least for the time being.b

It was a general post twimc. And on a different subject I would call Cpfilms and let them know what your conversation was at work and tell them flat out about the lies you deal with and the comments about the truth..I would walk out the door asap and find another job, nothing I cannot stand is a lie.

Vista 1-800-345-6088 ask for Darlene Foley you will be suprised at what she can tell you and she is a very nice lady..

Archived