Anyone know of a way to fix this??

Guest Tom Cat

Guest Tom Cat

I recently tinted a customers Impreza. I explained to him that metallized films can interfere with signal reception, but he wanted to chance it rather than pay the extra $$ for Colorstable. I put FX-HP on, and now he is complaining that his AM signal is pretty much dead. Is there any way to fix this other than to redo the back window?? This is the second time since I've been tinting that anyone has complained about it.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ALLABOUTTINT

Theres no way but to redo it. what I do is just carry some st film for those who are cheap and have the signal in there back window. :dunno

Guest deanjones
I recently tinted a customers Impreza. I explained to him that metallized films can interfere with signal reception, but he wanted to chance it rather than pay the extra $$ for Colorstable. I put FX-HP on, and now he is complaining that his AM signal is pretty much dead. Is there any way to fix this other than to redo the back window?? This is the second time since I've been tinting that anyone has complained about it.

If there was a legitimate way to fix it, people wouldn't be spending close to twice the money on getting a film that doesn't cause interference. If you warned him and he went with it anyway, that's his fault... If he wanted AM reception and you told him it would be ruined with a metalized film, it was his decision. He went with price over performance. His fault...

Guest Tom Cat

Thats what I'm saying. The first time I ran into this problem was 3 years ago. The guy ended up just having me remove the rear window film and not replace it. :lol:dunno

I have been looking into some signal boosters so I could just tell him to go buy one rather than redoing the back window. I just can't imagine anyone being okay with having a charcoal tint on the entire vehicle, with a BLUE rear window....

Guest deanjones
Thats what I'm saying. The first time I ran into this problem was 3 years ago. The guy ended up just having me remove the rear window film and not replace it. :lol:dunno

I have been looking into some signal boosters so I could just tell him to go buy one rather than redoing the back window. I just can't imagine anyone being okay with having a charcoal tint on the entire vehicle, with a BLUE rear window....

If it's only radio reception, try just upping your price a bit to cover the cost of using a CS or Ceramic based film on the rear window only and do the rest of the car in the metalized film? I've done this once on a guy that didn't want to pay for all Axcess but wanted good heat rejection. ATR'd the sides and ATX'd the back window for about $40 more than the ATR price.

Guest Tom Cat
Theres no way but to redo it. what I do is just carry some st film for those who are cheap and have the signal in there back window. :lol2

I haven't worked alot with the ST film. How long does it last before it goes bad? Does it change color quickly or anything?? :dunno:lol

Guest Key West
I haven't worked alot with the ST film. How long does it last before it goes bad? Does it change color quickly or anything?? :lol2:dunno

Who knows :lol None of it has been around long enough to establish longevity records (by that I mean 7 or 8 yrs) to my knowledge.

Guest pmuzik
I have been looking into some signal boosters so I could just tell him to go buy one rather than redoing the back window.

try this Twiz uses em all the time :dunno

post-33-1177018772.jpg

Archived