Anyone know of a way to fix this??

Guest Tom Cat

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tom Cat
If you boost a bad am signal you will get amplified Static!!! You have to use a non-metallized film

makes sense... I've just been trying to figure out a way to get out of redoing the damn thing. Oh well, guess I'll just have to bite the bullet... :dunno

He gambled and lost !

Go over the options he has (giving you more $$ being the first)

Strip the back window with no tint, colorstable on the back window, or strip and redo the entire car with colorstable.

Gonna cost him bux no matter what.

try this Twiz uses em all the time :dunno

MeTint was absolutely right.

I did a Chrysler 300 with a 5% hybrid.

Even after fully drying a very powerful AM station in a nearby town could not be heard above the signal to noise ratio. There was some hint it was there and thats it.

I cut an invisible seam above the first "true defrost" line. (that line and those below those below it appeared to be single function defrost-only as oppossed to ant/defrost like those above.

The improvement was unbelievable. The station now came in clear as can be.

In fact, it was so clear, I could hear a rattling sound every time Rush shook another Oxy Contin tablet out of the jar. :lol6

The customer was astonished and pleased.

makes sense... I've just been trying to figure out a way to get out of redoing the damn thing. Oh well, guess I'll just have to bite the bullet... :dunno

Well learn from this I have started stocking color stable non-metallized films for back windows that need the am radio. Always ask if they use Am and inform of the isssue with an HP film :lol6

Guest Tom Cat
Well learn from this I have started stocking color stable non-metallized films for back windows that need the am radio. Always ask if they use Am and inform of the isssue with an HP film :lol6

:dunno For sure. I explained it all to the guy, an he ALMOST went with the CS as I was explaining it to him. When he came in for his appointment he changed his mind. Have you had anyone complain about the retarded difference in the color of the films? If you use CS on the rear, what film would you put on the rest of the vehicle? I just find it funny that out of all of the subarus I have tinted, hes only the second guy to bitch about it. I did cars for four different dealers (so I figure that I've done easily a few hundred) for a couple of years with no problems. :lol6

:lol6 For sure. I explained it all to the guy, an he ALMOST went with the CS as I was explaining it to him. When he came in for his appointment he changed his mind. Have you had anyone complain about the retarded difference in the color of the films? If you use CS on the rear, what film would you put on the rest of the vehicle? I just find it funny that out of all of the subarus I have tinted, hes only the second guy to bitch about it. I did cars for four different dealers (so I figure that I've done easily a few hundred) for a couple of years with no problems. :dunno

Well I use a company that seems to have a pretty good match of dye/color in my opinion an because I sell that people have so far not had one complaint. Most customer dont know a difference unless you tell them :lol6

Archived