Anyone know of a way to fix this??

Guest Tom Cat

He gambled and lost !

Go over the options he has (giving you more $$ being the first)

Strip the back window with no tint, colorstable on the back window, or strip and redo the entire car with colorstable.

Gonna cost him bux no matter what.

Thats just like what I said........ :dunno ...... :lol6

:lol6

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone reading this? sounds pretty good to me... :beer

Sisquoc:

MeTint was absolutely right.

I did a Chrysler 300 with a 5% hybrid.

Even after fully drying a very powerful AM station in a nearby town could not be heard above the signal to noise ratio. There was some hint it was there and thats it.

I cut an invisible seam above the first "true defrost" line. (that line and those below those below it appeared to be single function defrost-only as oppossed to ant/defrost like those above.

The improvement was unbelievable. The station now came in clear as can be.

In fact, it was so clear, I could hear a rattling sound every time Rush shook another Oxy Contin tablet out of the jar. :beer

The customer was astonished and pleased.

Is anyone reading this? sounds pretty good to me... :beer

I've done it... twice... both on Chrysler 300's whose owners liked to listen to Rush (Limbaugh, not the band). It works like a dream.... at least on Chrysler 300's.

Guest Olfablade
When Metint was around, He used to say that sometimes you can cut a seam in the film right next to the last line of the antenna, which on some cars blocks the problem from happening. Maybe before removing all the film you could try that. :crazy

That is exactly what you can do! Isolate the piece that is covering the antenna area by splicing it at the top defroster grid. Give it a try, I think you'll like the results :dumbass

When Metint was around, He used to say that sometimes you can cut a seam in the film right next to the last line of the antenna, which on some cars blocks the problem from happening. Maybe before removing all the film you could try that. :thumb

Thats what I remember! Its worth a try!

Archived