Irritating things customers frequently say

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West
I get this one at least once a week:

"I could have done it myself, but I don't have time"

Whats really crazy ( I get those too, but never laugh ) is that when I was processing out of the military in 83, I had bought a new R-X7 and REALLY didn't have time to tint it. (I wasn't tinting professionally at that point.) I took it to a tint shop and got a quote. "F" me runnin'!! Sticker shock. :rollin:lol6 , I told them that I'd do it myself. As I walked out the whole shop was :hump:lol6:lol6 . 2 weeks later, after I was a civilian again, I brought it back to that shop. They looked at it and thier jaws hit the pavement!!! Back then, I had pieced it, but invisi-seamed it. The owner asked if I was looking for a job. I told him "No thanx, but you helped me figure out what I was gonna do for a living!" Prior to that, I had no idea one could make that kind of money tinting!!!

You just never know who can do what!! But of course, MOST of the time when custys say that they are blowin' smoke,.....But then there ARE those few. :poke

Guest Key West

I hate it when they ask "You're gonna do a good job, right?" No, I woke up this morning thinking I'm gonna "f" up someones car and this just aint your day!!! :rollin

Guest deanjones
oh...so it goes on the outside.

if I bring you 2 cars can you do it cheaper.

Ding ding ding!

:rollin

This is the one thing that I hate about doing mobile work. Customers watching and getting all worried when I place the film on the outside... They immediately panic and think I don't know what I'm doing and go "Oh, the film goes on the outside?! I thought it went on the inside?"

At times, I'm nice and explain it... but after 3 cars I get sick of hearing it and I get to become a bit of a smart-ass and say "Yep, that's where it goes. Looks good, doesn't it?" Then I laugh a bit and they realize I'm kidding with them...

Guest S and S

Being female I get the "Can I talk to the guy that dose the tinting?" I go yea your talking to HER!! And of course when you call to let them know its done " Does it look good?" GOD I HATE THAT ONE!!! Or the "Do you make good money doing this?"

Archived