3 weeks left!!

Guest Key West

Guest Key West

We are 1 week into a 30 day cure for 12 mil on this door. At the 2 week mark, I'm gonna apply the D/C995. Then News Channel 12 is gonna air a live Demo with (Hopefully) Tony Brown (Tennessee Titans) with a sledgehammer trying to walk thru the frame. Notice I said a FULL 30 day cure!! Not gonna fall on my face or have to make explanations like the last guy I saw on here, demo'ing after only 2 weeks!! I'm baking this sucka!!!

DemoDoor1.jpg

Wish me luck!!! (PROBABLY won't need it, tho) Nobody has even tried to tap the S&S market here.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West

Here is another shot of the Glass/Frame. I have never seen a door with a frame THIS stout!! Usually, I have No more than a 1\4 to 3\8 inch surface to apply Dow. This Sucka has a full 3\4 inch surface to apply to!! 12 mil, 3\4" triangular dow, anyone betting? :thumb:thumb

DemoDoor2.jpg

Guest Key West
is it tinted now im assuming???

where would you be applying the bead around the frame or around where the film ends :lol2

Do much S&S? :lol2 The whole idea is to bond the film/glass composite to the frame. When you wet glaze, you mask off the film, mask off the frame; run a real thick bead of dow corning and tool it out so that the finished product is "wedge" shaped. So to answer your question, both at once. :lol2:lol2

Do much S&S? :rollin The whole idea is to bond the film/glass composite to the frame. When you wet glaze, you mask off the film, mask off the frame; run a real thick bead of dow corning and tool it out so that the finished product is "wedge" shaped. So to answer your question, both at once. :lol6:lol6

I guess I should of been clearer, how far to the edge is the film applied to the glass? cause I see a 1inch or more gap from the edge of the glass to where I see it might be tinted. but yea I do a good fair of s&s and anti graffiti :poke

yea that last guy was a joke. :lol6

Guest haroldshouseoftint
cause I see a 1inch or more gap from the edge of the glass to where I see it might be tinted.

:lol6 I thought the same thing when I looked at the pictures, but its an optical illusion your actually seeing the reflection from the underside of the frame and the saw horses :rollin:lol6

Archived