PS and WA Adhesive on Hanita Films

Guest darkdan
I nearly forgot my best expierence with Hanita........Filmed a small 150 sq. ft. job in a home. (I dont recall the exact film used). Hang the film, clean up ,get paid and down the road. Next day customer calls and sayes "my windows look terrible. The tinting turned emerald green last night!!!" Im thinking the guy is nuts but tell him I will stop by and check it out. Sure enough.......The windows from the inside looked BAD. Customer had a ton of can lights in the vaulted celing. He had installed special extra long life bulbs at like $15 per bulb x a bunch of bulbs. Anyway, the cheap SR coating on the film was reacting to the lite from these long life bulbs. Looked like film does when viewed through polorized sunglasses.

Not a little greenish..OH NO....Green like a shamrock. That sucked. He insisted I pull the film and another company redid the job with Sngrd and had no problems.

That's not from the scratch resistant coating. That's because it's a dual reflective film. Most DR films have this problem and some ceramics do too.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I nearly forgot my best expierence with Hanita........Filmed a small 150 sq. ft. job in a home. (I dont recall the exact film used). Hang the film, clean up ,get paid and down the road. Next day customer calls and sayes "my windows look terrible. The tinting turned emerald green last night!!!" Im thinking the guy is nuts but tell him I will stop by and check it out. Sure enough.......The windows from the inside looked BAD. Customer had a ton of can lights in the vaulted celing. He had installed special extra long life bulbs at like $15 per bulb x a bunch of bulbs. Anyway, the cheap SR coating on the film was reacting to the lite from these long life bulbs. Looked like film does when viewed through polorized sunglasses.

Not a little greenish..OH NO....Green like a shamrock. That sucked. He insisted I pull the film and another company redid the job with Sngrd and had no problems.

You could have told them that it does that to remind you to turn off the lights, you know how everyone is on the go green bandwagon now. Obviously they are with 15 dollar bulbs trying to save the environment :thumb:shock:shock

as for what the other company used, they will be back when it is purple and bubbling :thumb

Guest vclimber

That's not from the scratch resistant coating. That's because it's a dual reflective film. Most DR films have this problem and some ceramics do too.

Yep, the TFI comes from the stacking in the individual film layers when compact florescent bulbs shine on the film.

Guest WillTint4$

As for the problem being dual reflective films....I never had the problem with my SunT#k installs. The Hanita expierence was BEFORE Hanita even offered a dual reflective line. Live and learn I guess.....

Archived