Well, I did it!

Guest Key West

Guest Key West

When I got married, we just left our names as is. At this point in our lives why bother. Well, after fighting Identity Theft for over 4 years, I took the path of least resistance and took her name. It's now Stephen Fisher. Legally. :lol2:lol T'was a hassle, but not nearly the hassle of ID theft!!!

Guest Key West
:lol2 you changed your name???? :lol

Yep. My ex has AT LEAST 2 other guys(ex boyfriends) out there with my SS card and Birth cert. I've been fightin' this crap for over 4 years. If I get pulled over, my license comes up revoked/suspended. DMV won't do squat! Thank GOD I found out before they attacked my credit!!

If (god forbid) anyone is contemplating divorce, GET ALL yer original documents. (Both Parties) I was kinda at fault, 'cuz it never occured to me to empty the file cabinet of my personal papers!!

Am in the process of changing with the CC companies, all the bills, new social etc...

Guest Braud Spectrum

This is frightening. :lol My X stole my safe which had ALL my personal important papers in it. Certified copy of Birth certificate and ss card. Insurance info. I know he was after money and jewelry and it made me sick that he got all the papers because he could "see" my business...but I didn't think about the identity theft thing.

What kills me is when I call to ask questions about accounts like banking or even cable TV they say "for verification...what is your SS #" or "please verify your birthdate" Oh yeah... :beer as if no one in the world could possibly know the answers to those questions but me. I was married to him for 15 years. He KNOWS all the answers....but I know his, too. :lol2 Heck... I can still rattle off my first husbands SS# :lol He was thirty years ago!

Archived