Steamer film removal TECHNIQUES!

Guest darkdan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

I keep the steamer heating the glass and pull slow (about an inch every couple seconds) I go back and forth heating the film that im about to pull off the glass. hope that helps :krazy I always use the steamer for back glass film removal, even on stubborn side windows.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
I wonder sometimes why my brother does'nt ask me these things, I talk to him at twice a day.

:krazy:thumb He needs someone to explain it to him, if you explain as fast as you tint he'd never understand you :lol2:lol2:lol2

Guest mhun9180

I put an old sheet in the back of the car and close the two rear doors on the sheet to make a pocket. I then leave the steamer on the rear shelf and go about stripping the sides with a blade. Once I've done that I come back to the rear screen (about 15-20 mins) and it falls straight off. Hope that's not confusing........ :krazy

I usually heat up the steamer for back glass removal, while thats heating up I rip the tint off the other four doors in about 5 minutes pick up the good ol' 1" razor blade with my handled holder scraping away for $40/hr :krazy. On back glass heat area pulling slow to see if adhesives coming off too if not I don't waste any time rip it right off, use adhesive remover & my chizzies & its never ending :thumb If its 10yr old dyed film im definitely not on that job!

Archived