Steamer film removal TECHNIQUES!

Guest darkdan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest REITZ20

What's the best for removing extra glue from defrosters? White scotch brites? What else is safe? If tint needs removing from entire car, do you charge the same as installing tint? I.e. removing and installing new would be double? (Not "fixing your mistake" removal) :dunno

I use #00, #0, or #1 steel wool. And no I've never scratched a window using #1. I charge about $60-75 for back window removal, and about $100-150 to strip entire car. It all depends on the vehicle and the condition of the film. Usually after steaming the film off, the glue that is left behind melts off with a spraying of Simple Pink or Tint Off. Did I mention that you don't have to wear a gas mask with either?

I use #00, #0, or #1 steel wool. And no I've never scratched a window using #1. I charge about $60-75 for back window removal, and about $100-150 to strip entire car. It all depends on the vehicle and the condition of the film. Usually after steaming the film off, the glue that is left behind melts off with a spraying of Simple Pink or Tint Off. Did I mention that you don't have to wear a gas mask with either?

That is one of the only places I will use steel wool anymore....

Although, I don't chance using any thing more coarse than #000.....

:spit I don't know what metrosexual means either :spit

city-fag :inot

seriousy, though, I bought a 99 dollar steamer from Lowe's and it's crap, all it does is warm up the window, by the time it does anything I could have scraped the whole car....

Guest #1FRESHTINTER

Yeah at the shop where I work we only use steamer with plain water and on the back window we use the pink stuff also. If needed and #00 wool. No simple green where I work. :spit

Guest #1FRESHTINTER

Thats probably where you went wrong. going for the cheap steamer . The one we use is about $200.00 heats up in about 5 mins.

Archived