Non-Mirrored fader?

Guest biodeez

Guest biodeez

Hey everyone. Just found this forum.

OK: Heres what I want to do, and perhaps you guys can tell me if its possible.

Looking for a charcoal tint that fades from anywhere between 70-100% at one edge and around 2 or 3 feet later is down to 35%.

This would be installed HORIZONTALLY on the front driver and passenger windows.

The thinking is that visibility to rear view mirrors would be better, and perhaps to an unware officer the fronts would look un-tinted. This would create a smooth look of untinted at the front and then fading to match the rear windows at 35%.

Previously I put 50% on the fronts of my sedan and it looked a little funky compared to the 35%. Not to mention it was illegal, and after 1.5 years of driving with it I got pulled over for it and had to yank it off. Stupid MI laws....

So, after a couple months of casual searching, I have not found any such tint.

The only fading tint I can find is the bullcrap mirror fader junk that I see so many of you detest. I agree.

Is this simply not possible to manufacture? No demand? Anyone seen something like this?

Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone. Just found this forum.

OK: Heres what I want to do, and perhaps you guys can tell me if its possible.

Looking for a charcoal tint that fades from anywhere between 70-100% at one edge and around 2 or 3 feet later is down to 35%.

This would be installed HORIZONTALLY on the front driver and passenger windows.

The thinking is that visibility to rear view mirrors would be better, and perhaps to an unware officer the fronts would look un-tinted. This would create a smooth look of untinted at the front and then fading to match the rear windows at 35%.

Previously I put 50% on the fronts of my sedan and it looked a little funky compared to the 35%. Not to mention it was illegal, and after 1.5 years of driving with it I got pulled over for it and had to yank it off. Stupid MI laws....

So, after a couple months of casual searching, I have not found any such tint.

The only fading tint I can find is the bullcrap mirror fader junk that I see so many of you detest. I agree.

Is this simply not possible to manufacture? No demand? Anyone seen something like this?

Thanks in advance.

Everything is possible. But not for one car :spit

Guest biodeez

yo man... read my original post.

I dont want that mirrored garbage. I want a variable level of darkness. Perhaps the wrong choice of words for describing it. Akin to the way an OEM windshield has that faded strip at the top for blocking sun.

This whole tinting industry seems so stagnant.

I think JC Whitney used to sell the fading film like you are talking about in 6" strips......that was many years ago though.....

Never seen a professional film like that and doubt we will.....

I totally get where he (the original poster) is coming from. To avoid that "Stepped" look from the rear roll ups to the front is a worthwhile, nay! obvious, goal! :twocents

Archived