Gila Static cling tint

Guest Nelson9937955

Guest deanjones
This is what I have come away with from this forum. If it didn't cost over 200 bucks "than it has to suck or EVENTUALLY it will suck" or "now WE can't eat because of you saving money." If a tint shop charges anything less than an arm and a leg... "they wont last" or "well since they are not trying to stick it to the consumer, OFCOURSE their work is garbage and OFCOURSE the tint will turn purple".

Bottom Line...99.00 tint shops or specials will always be around. If you can't eat then GET ON A DIET!!.....:thumb :thumb :thumb:lol2 :lol2

There's an old saying... "You pay for what you get". That saying holds true to 98% of the things that are a part of the free market.

Static cling film is not meant for roll-up windows. If you think a "film" that has no adhesive to tack it to the window is going to lay still when you push the window through a tight gasket, you're sadly mistaken.

Everyone on here is just trying to help you out by telling you to not waste your money. In the long run, you will have to have it replaced and you will pay another shop to do it whether you pay $99 or $250. We all have experience and remove film weekly from the $99 tint shops as well as from the DIYers that want to give it a shot. We see the $99 jobs weekly and know they fail, turn purple and they're garbage.

If you don't believe, look at photo's. Or, sit on a forum all day and talk trash. Either way, enjoy your static cling film.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tiger_football

What type of automobile did you apply the film to? I am curious to see how you got the static cling stuff to stick on anything other than a flat truck rear window.

The $99 tint shops are based on quantity, not quality. So if a customer wants a cheap tint job very quickly, that is their best bet. Most of the folks on here operate the other way around, quality over quantity. The quality includes both film, installation, and customer service.

Thats not to say that a $99 tint shop cannot turn out good work. Some may, but the tinter will soon realize what their skill is worth more and either request more money which will result in the shop charging more for each job or the tinter will leave for a better place.

Hey Nelson? where do you work?? I can see where working at McD's would not allow you to afford to have the film done right...... :welcome

The crap may look good to you for now, but give it a few weeks or even MAYBE a year and you will find that it is nasty....

Hey Beavis???? you didn't answer my question. What do you do for a paycheck? Come on and let us know so we can see just how great you are......

Guest Nelson9937955
Hey Beavis???? you didn't answer my question. What do you do for a paycheck?

Well your mom needs a good smack every once in awhile but she usually gets my money every night, right on schedule.

:evileye:shock:?:lol2:lol2:nope:cool:hmmm

:shock:beer:lol2:beer:wall:cool:lol2

Guest Nelson9937955
so you work by paying old women for s*x???

Hey guys wanna bet he works at Jack in the Crack or worse??

Good comeback...

:thumb:wall :wall :poke :poke :lol2:nope:wall:lol2:lol2 :lol2 :lol2 :lol2 :lol2

so how is the fast food prep business? Got any good spit sauce secrets?

Come on guy, what do you do for a living? You come on here and ask our opinions then you flame us for what you have been told and the prices we charge.

Guest tallscott

I don't think a few DIY windows is going to stop the people here from eating! Its not our film or the highway! You asked pros what they think, you got an answer. Its not someting anyone here would recomend or do if they had to be responsible to a customer for! Hell you can paint your car with a spay can if you like! But that wouldn't be a professional paint job, if you get the drift!

Archived