Cleaning windows

Guest REITZ20

Guest REITZ20

How do you guys clean windows? I first use joy n water then paper towel. (brawny) Then spray again n use razor, wipe with a microfiber cloth, and sometimes a white scotchbrite also. I tint in NW AZ, dust capital of the world, and in an enclosed garage however, it STILL seems like I get very small debris (not air) under the film and it's driving me nuts. tried: bottled water, new bottles, cleaning around window on body, cleaning inside of window immediately before attaching film, then re-spraying, tried pulling clear then replacing until applying, tried pulling all clear off then applying, this is driving me nuts! it's on a '99 kia, I thought it might be the car, not sure??? Help me, please. :spit

Guest wilcax

which windows are you having problems with? if its the roll up doors then just scrape, wipe top edge, run hard card along sides, rinse, and apply. no need to go crazy on the cleaning. on the back window just scrub with the blue no scratch scotchbrite, squeggee, wipe off sail panels, rinse and apply.

Guest REITZ20

Roll ups, it does seem to be that easy / I would think.. Has anyone has this problem with old windows? 7yrs+? It should be simple, that's why it's driving me nuts. maybe I'm wrong but it seems like debris. I can't think of anything else except bad glass but it feels rough, not like pockets? I'm dumbfounded :spit

Guest wilcax

has the car had any body work done on it??? could be your encountering welding slag. happens when some one grinds or welds near windows and the sparks embbed themselves into the windows...

Guest haroldshouseoftint

:lol2 If it was slag, you would know it :spit

Dude, I'm about 3 1/2 hrs from ya, I was just up in Winslow last week, and am going back in a couple more weeks, I would be more than happy to help you out :lol2

:lol2:lol2

Guest wilcax

not if you already knocked off all the cheries. is it loking like debris on the outside but you cant feel it on the inside after the film is on?? it must be pitted, does it look like the car has been painted or body work been done???

Guest Braud Spectrum

Grainy film? :spit End of the roll (last 6 to 10 feet ) sometimes looks like it has contamination after applied. As it dries it'll get better... but still looks grainy or orange peely so not worth using. I know this because I used the end a couple weeks ago deliberately on an nasty old car's back doors. I pulled 36" and cut in half. After the first side, I saw it but since the car was so nasty, so against my better judgement, I went ahead and did the passengers side too. I watched as it dried noticing how it looked better and better. I thought hmmm...good....maybe it'll go away completely by the time it's dry. :lol2 Three days later...:lol2 back it comes. :lol2

Guest deanjones

Dirty water? I filled up at a customers garden hose the other day and for the life of me I couldn't get a clean install! :spit I had to remove the hose and fill up directly from the spicket

Archived