Profit Taxed?

Guest deanjones

Guest deanjones

Is there a way to get a general idea of how much the IRS rapes me for profit? Is there a specific formula for Sole Proprietors? Or a round about percentage they end up wanting at the end of the year from profits?

Guest deanjones

Same goes for the US. :poke I had a small sole proprietorship for web design and I made a total profit of $800 (woo hoo!) and they took almost half of it. Of course I got to write off a bunch of things for it all, but I was curious if there was some sort of formula.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
PROFIT :lol2

I've never made a profit in this business. Wasted film, employee theft, skyrocketing utilities, the such :poke

:lol2 I have the same problem

PROFIT :lol2

I've never made a profit in this business. Wasted film, employee theft, skyrocketing utilities, the such :lol

:lol2 I dont have any employees but it would seem somebody is stealin the stuff!...that plus the wasted film....I go through alot of film....im prolly one of the worst tinters. Oh well...the way I look at it....surely one of these days ill catch on :poke:lol

Falsifying tax returns is a federal offense!!!! .......willie! To answer the question-with self employment tax-ssi-and income tax you will pay around 26%. Get you an accountant-maybe use willie's and you'll get money back and qualify for food stamps! :poke:lol2

Guest willie
So you never pay yourself? :lol2

yes, its called that little green stuff. We call it cash here in Texas. Straigh out of there wallet to mine :poke

Falsifying tax returns is a federal offense!!!! .......willie! To answer the question-with self employment tax-ssi-and income tax you will pay around 26%. Get you an accountant-maybe use willie's and you'll get money back and qualify for food stamps! :lol2:lol

dayum straight 2-3k a year with all the earned income credit and farm losses also :lol

Archived