Disability insurance

I was out with some friends today, and we were talking about different sports we like to play, etc. I said that I don't play anything much anymore because I had my hip replaced a couple years ago and if I get hurt, I'd be SOL since I'm self employed, single & living on my own.

So it got me to thinking that I should probably look into getting disability insurance.

Anyone have it?? Is it expensive? Have you had to use it?

It's not super high on my list, but if it's something I can afford I wouldn't mind picking it up. I don't think I'm high risk, but all it would take is some crazy trip or fall and I'd be in major :welcome . :dunno

Guest haroldshouseoftint

I've never looked into it, I'm the same way low risk IMO, all I do is work, but ya all it would take is one tumble off a ladder or something to be out of commission for a while :welcome

Guest solarspot

Depends on alot of factors. The underwriters that approve the stuff would make tinters look normal :welcome:beer

But in all seriousness some conditions like a hip replacement would make it tough to get disability or it would have a exclusion rider in it :dunno

Archived