MINI COOPER

Guest powertints

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintious

speaking of those bmw's where the heck is the fuse for those windows, I have just been pulling the battery terminals off. when I get em cuz I could not find the fuse for the life of me. but when I pull the term off. I have to let the whole system reset it's self. and when I have a customer waiting . they get nervous like I broke the car

There is a fuse box under the hood. pop the cover off and if I can remember right it is #14. It is also listed on the inside of the cover. Make sure you dont take it out unless you have the doors closed. I just in form the customer to put the fuse back in after 3 days, and show them where it goes.

Guest De4thMet4LKing00

Oh man, I did one of these last week (my first one) and it is hands down the easiest car Ive ever done (next to the 99-04 Mustangs). It took me about 1 hr. 15 min. and it came out perfect! Yeah, all I do is click the door latches over and the windows stay up. very very easy

Guest HeavyBreather
I found if you click the snib over with a screwdriver where the mechanism engages the door striker with the door open you fool the door into thinking its closed and the window pops up all the way. This method works on most vehicles where the windows drop slightly to allow the door to close. Just dont forget to flick the handle again as if you were opening the door to return the system to normal.

[*]12542

OK, be honest, how many of you have closed the door WITHOUT reseting the latch? I h@te to admit it but I have a few times. What an awful sound. And your like "OH GOD please dont let it be screwed up!"

Guest TintsOvOz
I found if you click the snib over with a screwdriver where the mechanism engages the door striker with the door open you fool the door into thinking its closed and the window pops up all the way. This method works on most vehicles where the windows drop slightly to allow the door to close. Just dont forget to flick the handle again as if you were opening the door to return the system to normal.

[*]12542

OK, be honest, how many of you have closed the door WITHOUT reseting the latch? I h@te to admit it but I have a few times. What an awful sound. And your like "OH GOD please dont let it be screwed up!"

[*]354387

done it sounds like the doors gona brake :beer

Archived