Mazda 6

Fiveofeen

How is the backglass on the 07 models in regards to shrinking. Looks fairly easy. Soap method or wet?

There is easier back glass's to shrink..but also much harder as well :beer

Soap method for me, 1 peice no problemo :beer

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is easier back glass's to shrink..but also much harder as well :beer

Soap method for me, 1 peice no problemo :DD

:beer This car was my first soap shrink. That back glass kicked my azz back then. :lol2 Those corners do require a bit of patience. :lol2 Don't know about the '07 though. :lol2

So do you REALLY have to remove the panels on the 2007 model? I hate removing the panels...no room to pull and tuck?

To each his/her own I'll say yes, others will say no. I tint doors based on nothing in the way on the bottom of doors .

All I can tell you is that I usually pull back panels / use a gasket wizard or remove the rub rail and only remove panels if I think it will make a difference in the outcome of the final job. This car I do it on , I don't do it because I feel like putting in extra steps for something to do :beer

The doors should be heatshrunk a little on that car as well and make sure you scrape down the "printing stamp" on the 1/4 glass REAL good or otherwise it'll leave lots of contamination under your tint :beer

The doors should be heatshrunk a little on that car as well and make sure you scrape down the "printing stamp" on the 1/4 glass REAL good or otherwise it'll leave lots of contamination under your tint :beer

:DD fergot all about that :beer

I did not pull the panels. There was room to tuck...clean install too! I also didnt heat shrink the sides...The main reason being the outside rubber molding is very thin and can easily be melted if you hold the gun in one place too long...Rear window was a snap to shrink and laid real nice on the inside too....No matrix to deal with.

take off the panels you lazy bastards. those strips are tiiight. if you dont take off the panels. your getting alot of contamination in there :twocents

Go spend a few bucks and buy a couple of these red devels. One to pull the seal back and the other to push the film in. Who wants to spend an extra hour pulling panels when you dont have to..... :lol2

A2307%20page%2011%20red%20devil%20BIG.jpg

Go spend a few bucks and buy a couple of these red devils. One to pull the seal back and the other to push the film in. Who wants to spend an extra hour pulling panels when you dont have to..... :lol2

A2307%20page%2011%20red%20devil%20BIG.jpg

Funny response :lol2

I personally found that by the time I fooled around with the red devils on that car, it wasn't a clean enough install for me personally (before I get chewed out I'll state that I probably am not as good at using those things as others on here :lol2 )

I did one of these cars last night and for the hell of it timed it,with the right power rachets and know how, these panels pull off AND go back on with a total time of 20 min.

For me personally, it's worth the time . Whenever coming upon door windows that you'd rather shrink than stretch but are afraid of burning trim, just roll down the window slightly with the fingers at the TOP of the windows and you'll never have that problem or worry again :twocents

Archived