lexus es 300 ...2002

Guest Zrok

ok, my friend has an '02 lexus ES300 and wants me to put a remote start/keyless on it....other than taking it apart to get into the driver's door for the locks is this gonna be a 'severely' difficult car to do?? I know lexus' take longer to do, and require more attention, but anything I should know ahead of time before quoting a price?? thanks a bunch :thumb

kewl, yeah I have lots of experience with immobilizers, I just told the guy I needed the valet key to put in my 'coffin box' for the remote start. anything I should know about takin the dash and door apart for this one?? I know they're tricky to figure out :booga

do you use any "bypass kits"? I started using Peripheral products about 2 years ago. They make things soooooooo much easier. Doorlocks on new GM trucks, all passlock systems, immobilizer systems, etc. Almost all of the key bypass pieces DO NOT require a key. That sure makes the customer happy. Bypasskit.com has the same things, but some are more expensive. I go through AAMP of America.

I use DEI's 555 lineup....they've got the innovation down pat....the new tahoe's, and burbs and grand cherokees (the tap into the data bus for locks, and factory security, etc.) they now have a 'learning' bypass for fords that learns the transponder code so no key OR extra transponder is necessary, they also have one for passkey III and passlock 1 and 2, one for hondas, BMW, acura, all kinds of stuff :lol6 since the shop I work at buys in bulk, they're usually fairly inexpensive....I use (at home) some stuff from ultra start. www.ultrastarters.com and some audiovox pieces as well.....

I use some DEI stuff as well, especially since DEI sued the others that made the databus interface pieces. Now, AAMP can't even sell the db interface pieces. I just wish the SOMEONE would make a transponder bypass for the new Ford key. It's on the new explorers, taurus, f-150, focus, and a few other. I think it's called a Passkey. :dunno

actually if the ignition key that youre talking about has the blue ford oval on it or the new mercury keys like the mountaineer that one is called securelock, and the 555 S will do the trick, AND DEI has a new 555 P which is the 'learning' version of the for transponder bypass (wow, I sound like a moron) I haven't used one yet, but it taps into the ribbon at the coil on the key cylinder and 'learns' the code sent to the car each time the key is used to start it :tantrum kinda like the 'learning' passlock II ones but to get by, you can use a 555 S from DEI :booga

I'll have to check them out. I just ordered some DEI pieces last week and the guy said they don't have anything that will work, except for the universal that store an extra key inside. The people around DO NOT want to give up a key. I have 3 or 4 keyless/starts running around town that are waiting on a ford piece that does not require a key. I think I put the first of these in over a year ago. These people spent $250 on a keyless entry so far!

wow, check out places that sell just the keys, and just program a 'blank' (not cut) key and put it in the coffin box :booga thats what we do, we get them for extra $$ for the bypass, and like 35 bucks for the 'not cut but it will program' key

Archived