lexus es 300 ...2002

Guest Zrok

Guest Soultinter

bypasskit.com has a kit for the mew ford keys

they alo go by 12voltdirect and trilogix, ask fo isabel, she is great. They also sell good quality starters as well.

Guest Adhesive

I have a question about remote starters:

If you start your car with the remote, how do you @#$% your car out of nuetral? Do you simply insert your key into the ignition and turn it to the on position? Or must you shut the engine off and completely restart the car with the key?

I ask because of this; my pops recently lost his transponder key for his 98 avalon. The dealer is saying that without the original key, the entire ECU module must be replaced and paired with a new transponder key. They are estimating over $2000 for parts and labor.

I had the idea, that since they sell 555F and 555U transponder by-pass units for use in remote startable cars with imobolizers, it would be much cheaper to install one of these myself. Remote starters go for about 100 bucks, and the bypass unit for around $50.

I'm concerened however, that the remote starter only start the engine to warm-up, and that you'd still need the original transponder key to later restart the car and shift into drive. I do have a correctly cut key to slip into the ignition once the engine is started, but it does not send the proper codes to the imobilizer unit. Get what I mean? I just need the damn ecu to be tricked into letting my good key sans correct transponder signal to start the engine. I figure since the by-pass units can do it for remote start, there must be some way around buying a new ECU unit.

they're idiots. go to another dealership to get a key, the ECU can learn a new key without having to be replaced. AND yes, to drive the car away, a key is required. the remote start will usually run for only 15 minutes. AND actually, I think only 1 good key is required to program an additional one on that car, (how do you think a 555f programs to the car? ) hope this helps.

Archived