Reasons to Keep it Legal

TintDude

Guest JTKSDB

You can always tell when you walk into a QUALITY shop by whether or not they will break the law. Law breakers don't plan for the future, they play for today. Those that obey the law, no matter how wrong it is, are planing to stick around in this business. Therfore they will tend to do a better job and be there when and if a problem arises. IMHO

reason I keep it legal.....

because nothing pisses me off more than some STRANGER that I've never met before IN MY LIFE comes walking in and asks me to break the law for them. :nope fock you :nope

Guest willie
reason I keep it legal.....

because nothing pisses me off more than some STRANGER that I've never met before IN MY LIFE comes walking in and asks me to break the law for them. :lol fock you :nope

:nope ...good to see you Blade

Guest TintsOvOz

so as not to sacrifice the future of the industry, as for some its all we know, and maybe buracrates may one day say no film for autos?? :nope

Oz............ :nope

ask a cabbie to go 100 mile an hour you know what he said???

Pay once, or pay 4 times.

Once for legal.

Once for illegal, the cost of the ticket for illegal, once to remove the illegal, and once again to put on legal which shoulda been put on in the first place.

Edited by tint123

Guest whyBdark

I have been in several hundred tint shops from Michigan to Florida, No matter what most people say on this site Everyone puts darker than legal film on cars. I have only been in one shop in Ky who Doesn't do it.....Auto Trim Design, Elizabethtown....(GOOD JOB)

I do not like to do it, gotta feed the children and I know competitor will do!! I explain the law, show photos of legal window film and even charge them more. Most people do not know the state laws...explain the laws PEOPLE.... I even give discounts if they put legal on instead of illegal...

Guest GETITWET

Also getting sued!!! I am new to the boards here , I have been tinting for about 10 years.

I had every tinter nightmare, I tinted a car legal for my state, the customers went to hack shack shop across town, and them lay 5% over my film, well needless to say Mr. hack shack didn't remove my sticker from the glass,(at that time we had to use those)

the customer got into an accident, hurting others and him, totaled the car, and his lawyer determined that, it wasn't that he blew a 1.9 on the alcohol breath test,(3x's the limit), it was b/c his widows were to dark and he see his turn, since my sticker was on there they tryed to sue me!! they didn't win, but the b/s I had to go though was insane :thumb

06/19/2007: Window tinting violation leads to weapon charge

A deputy investigating whether window tinting on a car met legal requirements, netted a Wautoma man a weapons charge last week.

Richard A. Muth, 54, was charged with carrying a concealed weapon after a deputy found a 22-inch machete in his car after it was stopped just after 3 p.m. June 14 on I-94 southbound just south of Two Mile Road. Deputies also found two knives, one a folding knife and the other a straight knife with a 3-inch straight blade, in his possession.

Muth was also cited for a violation of window tinting. Law requires a 50 percent penetration of light, but a meter determined only 35 percent penetration on Muth’s vehicle.

:beer