tint training

Guest dinan323

Guest dinan323

I own a detail shop and want to add window tinting. I would appreciate any advice on picking a training program, can you do retail work after attenting a training program, or is it going to take more practice. Any advice on which film manufacure to go with?

Thanks Travis

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No training program is going to prepare you for the tint industry and the picky customer's it brings. Yes, you can do retail work afterwards, but mucho practice-o is the only thing that makes a tinter better. One day, three days, or 3 weeks do not make a tinter. As far as film manufacturer, that's a whole other subject, and it's too late to discuss tonight.

Yes it is true! It is going to take a lot of practice, a lot more than you can get from a 1 to 3 day training program. Another idea is to hire someone and have them train you as well as tint. If you do bite the bullet and hire a window tinter you will have a professional window tinter, you will look and be more established, and you can learn a new skill. As the owner of a very small business, I do not believe you should offer any service that you do not not how to do yourself anyway. Just my humble opinion and an idea :woowoo

Good luck!

TTC :thumb

Whats with these detail shops :thumb I can't imagine trying to tint while some is buffing a car out in the same area. And why do they think that this is a get rich quick add on item that will pull their buisness out of the crapper industry. It takes more time to develope the skill of tinting then most are willing to put in, and everyone is trying to make short cuts and screwing things up.

Archived