tint training

Guest dinan323

Guest autoreflections

Gus on this one I'll might be defensive. I own and operate a very sucessful detailing tinting shop. Both bays are very busy every day keeping up with tinting and detailing. We have a full wall seperating both bays and a door that shuts. It's been in hubby's blood for 12 years to do both and I love every aspect of both fields. The bays are kept clean and there is no contamination in our tint. Trust me I don't make myself rich by tinting or by detailing. We just put two ideas that we both love together and it's pleasant to be able to do work I actually love. On some dead days where there's no tint theres a detail and when there's no detail theres a detail. We also do undercoating and accessories. Mind you here where we are a tinting only shop or detail only shop would not survive. So anynewbie out there who has guts enough to perfect the skill and if you find that you're good at it and can tint without screwing up every other tinter's image GO FOR IT. But if you can't do it leave it to the pro's because it'll just add another customer to the list of people turned off by tint. And that is my final say....... :thumb

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think in todays economy you have to use everything you have to make your business work! Some people do tint and graphics, tint and detailing, etc. I think everyone out there that owns a small business is just trying to make it. Not only that some people want thier business to grow...what an idea :woowoo! In order to grow, one must add services or products. It only makes sense. If you have an open mind and some flexibility (and some common sense) you can be successful, even in hard economic times.

I say go for it dinan323! :cool

TTC :dance

Guest Sprinter

yep I agree go for it, I've done most all of it and it helps you get more business, but after awhile you go after whats making you the most money and scale down to doing just that.

if you hire someone you can start making money, if you get trained then it will take awhile before youwant to go retail with it unless you just start out with some training and then just do trucks, then get in to car.

I'm guessing he is in phoenix around broadway and central!

Guest Readyman

Have you thought about finding an established tint shop and trying to network with him? You could setup a referall program where you get paid a sales commission, and vice versa to him for any jobs he sends to you. That way the job gets done right and you don't have to spend the time and money involved with learning a new trade.

Archived