tint training

Guest dinan323

Guest SQUEEGEE
squeegee you are right but if a owner of a detail shop ,not a clean up  can tint a car ,and satisfy his customer base and make money and be an asset to the area he is working then combining the 2 makes eco sense!

I agree 100% in regards to diversifying your offering so as to keep steady work. I took exception to the fact (if I read things correctly) that you can be equally adept at window tinting as you have been in detailing (5yrs) after only 14-months.

I'd sell rubber dog- :crazy as an add-on if I thought it'd make me more money aside from tinting.

I got nothing against detail people getting into the tint biz as long as they can represent properly.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tint Guru

Go for it! Tint and detailing go well together. I will say this, there is very little money in detailing per hour, yea chemicals are cheap but labor will eat you alive. The only way to make it in detailing is to up sell them to protective coatings like Fabric protection and paint protection. Other wise it is just not worth it. As long as you can get a good buck for tint, I would go for it. Beware, it will take time to get fast, hire a pro and learn from them as much as you can.

All is good...

Detail and tint mix well as long as there is a clear perspective on the need to control contaminants.

323, Tint school is great for getting the basics down in short order. It will also give a person a sense of what's to come. It definitely helps to weed out the boy/girls from the men/women.

No school can teach experience, however, if you are seriously wanting to add tint to your offering and elect to hire someone, it is still worth it to go to a class so you have better understanding of what you are paying the tinter to do. It will also establish the ground work for your learning from the tinter, since you will know some of what is going on... say... enough to be dangerous.

Orange County California (800.447.8468) has a four-day cram course, but if you don't immediately step from there into practicing, you will quickly lose what basic skills were covered during the class time.

As to what film to choose, I would have to let that slide by metint4u2, cause I am biased when it comes to who to by from.

Good luck and remember this about film: 'It is like an undisciplined child, it will do what it wants to do not what you want it to do'. And... 'It really does'nt matter how you go about getting a quality film install as long as you do not damage the car, you don't damage the product in any way, and you don't damage yourself'. :rollin

Archived