Taking the windows out? is it the best way?

Guest Samrasr

Window out  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Is it best to take the car window out for a perfect tint

• Window to be taken out
    • Dont need to take window out

Guest Samrasr

Is it better to take the window out and then tint them OR tint the windows whilst they are on the car.

I have read in a advertisement:

yes, we do it the right way ! we take off each window and it is perfect all the time and we use lumar brand so if you can get the same brand and service cheaper somewhere else then good luck!

So is this the perfect way?

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal
:thumb what a waste of time pulling all glass, a pro tinter will know when a door panel needs to be pulled or whether you can just pull the rub rail if need be. Taking out the window opens up a whole new world of pain like possible glass breakage as well as needing the proper area to prep and tint the glass. just laying it on a bench will result in greater contamination from falling dust and the water pooling instead of running off the glass. for me tinting the windows on the vehicle is cleaner, faster and looks great. Edited by BLACKOUT SoKal

:beer what a waste of time pulling all glass, a pro tinter will know when a door panel needs to be pulled or whether you can just pull the rub rail if need be. Taking out the window opens up a whole new world of pain like possible glass breakage as well as needing the proper area to prep and tint the glass. just laying it on a bench will result in greater contamination from falling dust and the water pooling instead of running off the glass. for me tinting the windows on the vehicle is cleaner, faster and looks great.

:thumb:beer

Guest tintgod

I will tell you one thing...I have and do take out windows ...some vehicle you can and will get the best job done by taking them out..I dont care what you guys think is better or if its a wastes of time..done the right way and doing it for a long period of time...I can tint a car just as fast with taking the windows out as some of you can with leaving the panel on...im not saying this is THE best way..im just saying the more you try things out and learn new ways of tinting you will appreciate the art of it more and more...some of you new guys are just out for the quick cash and cutting corners and not giving a ratts ass about quality.

by the way...im talking about door window and 1/4 window...I have never taken out a back window that wasnt a rubber seal that you could rope back in.

Edited by tintgod

Guest tintgod
hey TD....ever have a poll go the distance and be 100% in favor of one of the vote options?

cuz if not....we may have a contender! :lol2

:poke:thumb