Taking the windows out? is it the best way?

Guest Samrasr

Window out  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Is it best to take the car window out for a perfect tint

• Window to be taken out
    • Dont need to take window out

and I bet 99% of you have never even taken out a glass to even compare it to a job that has been done in the vehicle...so how can you even vote against something that you havent tried.

I can only speak for myself. I think ive tried every trick in the book (used to work in a glass shop) including removing the glass (every conceivable piece of glass in the vehicle...lol). I do remove some 1/4 glasses like the new accords...but as a rule I find that I personally get a better job with the glass in. not saying its the best way...but its the best way for me and my style. :lol2:thumb

Guest Tint Technology
I don't pull glass most of the time..customers love the job I give them . With that said, I respect like TG's way since he's not "wasting " his time pulling glass,but rather is efficient in his ways and is happy with the price he charges, and the outcome of the job for the time invested. :poke

I think the poll is bogus. The best way is the way that works best for the tinter's preferred way of tinting. pulling the glass alone doesn't make a better job ... technique, experience and actually knowing the definition of "quality" and practicing that definition does :lol2

:thumb Wot he said :poke

Guest Texasrocker

Never had to remove any glass in any vehicle to get a great tint job before!! Ever!! However, I have had to be very careful assesing the "bump factor" for many models, and use of modified Red Devils, etc,plastic tools, for correct overall fit. Do whatever works for YOU!! Never had to pull door panels either to get a great job. No Bragging here at all, I just think all the time spent pulling-glass, and panels is not necessary if you try to "counter" the mfgrs mistakes by taking closer looks at the probs they create for all us!! If you get your best job by pulling glass, keep up the Great Work!!! TR

Guest wilcax

ive never pulled any roll up but I do pull most qtr windows and rubber set windows that can be roped in. the trick that works for me to get the cleanest job with the window on the table is to leave it dry and only wet the film. I actually get a cleaner job this way as water isnt traped between the gasket and window causing dirt to be sucked back up. it works for me and its the way I learned so im quite efficient this way. but like every body else said just depends on the tinter style and way of doing things. theres no better way than what works for you.

First of all, what is this "roped back in" reference I've been seeing here? :thumb Second, I had ANOTHER '03 Accord today and still couldn't find that torx screw on the 1/4 that another thread has discussed. Where the hell IS that thing? :lol6 I'm tired of leaving that rubber reveal showing. No custys have complained but if there's a better way then I want to know it! :thumb thanks

Guest wilcax

the torx on the accord is hidden behind/under the rubber seal on the top of the door. just lift it off and youll see it, also on the newer accords its now a phillips screw. if you pull panels its easy to remove the qtr window on the accords, also roped back in means a rubber set window like on the back of a pick up truck. to put it back in you "rope" it.

the torx on the accord is hidden behind/under the rubber seal on the top of the door. just lift it off and youll see it, also on the newer accords its now a phillips screw. if you pull panels its easy to remove the qtr window on the accords, also roped back in means a rubber set window like on the back of a pick up truck. to put it back in you "rope" it.

I've pulled all kinds of seals off of that frame and I can't find a screw?.?? Also I'm a dumb azz newb and have no idea what "rubber set window means". :thumb Thanks for the the info tho :lol6

Guest haroldshouseoftint
:gasp No Dumb azzz newbs even though we tend to :lol6:thumb @ ya a little bit, think "OLD" cars 50's 60's 70's & 80's that had no matrix/blackout boarder, just a rubber gasket to hold the glass in = "rubber set" :thumb:thumb:thumb

:lol6 No Dumb azzz newbs even though we tend to :lol6:thumb @ ya a little bit, think "OLD" cars 50's 60's 70's & 80's that had no matrix/blackout boarder, just a rubber gasket to hold the glass in = "rubber set" :thumb:thumb:gasp

thanks tintman. :thumb