Removing door panels?

Guest dunnojack

Guest dunnojack

I read the other IS250 thread below talking about the gizmo malfunction after removing door panels.

Have the door panels become that fancy?

How many things do you need to disconnect besides the screws?

From what I see, there are about 4 screws, and a bunch of clips.

No speaker removal, right?

Is it easy to damage something?

isiv4.jpg

when I remove the door panels off the is250 I remove the screw behind the handle and on the left side..then pop the door panel off( its a bit hard to pull out but it does) then I just let the panel hang against the door(just becareful not letting the door panel drop) Tint windows and reinstall panels.... make sure the cables are in the right positioning ... then after I put both doors back on I check if the door will lock...there you go ... after a tinting a few of these cars its not bad at all...

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

man I had a guy that didnt even want me to touch the new door panels on his fancy new lexus :hmmm I put some prestige 70 on the FRU's but you could see some ghosting where I had to heat out the fingers on that curvy biotch...anyway I told him to do it right and without ghosting I need to remove the panels :dunno he was cool and said he''d rather not have the tint than have someone mess with his door panels...I told him we were also a body shop and it would NOT be a first for us but I ended up leaving them clear up front :hmmm is it really just screws and clips on that beast..I figured some side airbags or something

Guest dunnojack
man I had a guy that didnt even want me to touch the new door panels on his fancy new lexus :beer I put some prestige 70 on the FRU's but you could see some ghosting where I had to heat out the fingers on that curvy biotch...anyway I told him to do it right and without ghosting I need to remove the panels

ahh. so you get ghosts too huh.

metallic or ceramic?

I still don't understand why removing panels eliminates ghost fingers.

Is it because you can push the fingers below the weatherstrip thing?

People here keep saying to use less heat for the fingers....

...anyway I told him to do it right and without ghosting I need to remove the panels :poke

Don't you shrink the door on the outside prior to install like the rest of us? And removing door panels on an IS is uncalled for. I do Lexes Dealers cars on a daily basis and non of the Lexus cars need door panel removal to get a perfect/near perfect job.

Guest scottydosnntkno
...anyway I told him to do it right and without ghosting I need to remove the panels :poke

Don't you shrink the door on the outside prior to install like the rest of us? And removing door panels on an IS is uncalled for. I do Lexes Dealers cars on a daily basis and non of the Lexus cars need door panel removal to get a perfect/near perfect job.

I never remove them either, and have no problems. I just slide the film in and use a ezreach/ quick fix to squeegee down behind the tweeter. Same with older style taurus', no need to remove the panel just slide the film in.

Guest alexlop525i

ALRIGHT, I NEED SOME HELP HERE ANYONE. I TOOK MY LEXUS IS 250(2007) TODAY TO GET TINT AND WHEN I GOT HOME I REALIZED THE PASSENGER DOOR LOCK DOESN'T LOCK FULLY!!! ITS KINDA STUCK, NOT OPEN OR CLOSE. SO I CALLED THE PLACE AND THEY ALREADY CLOSED FOR THE DAY AND ARE NOT OPEN TILL MONDAY. BUT, DID THEY F**K UP MY DOOR OR IS IT FIXABLE???? ALL MY DOORS LOCK EXCEPT THE FRONT PASSENGER. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

...anyway I told him to do it right and without ghosting I need to remove the panels :lol2

I never remove them either, and have no problems. I just slide the film in and use a ezreach/ quick fix to squeegee down behind the tweeter. Same with older style taurus', no need to remove the panel just slide the film in.

Really! I have to pull them on the LS's for it to come out perfect. That is the only car I ever have to pull though.

Archived