Environment vs. Ability

I am just wondering how everyone feels about the area you work in and how it affects the quality of your work. I have seen some great work coming from a dusty shop, I personally seem to have quality issues if I work in a sub par enviromnet.

I know there are tricks for cleaner installs, I need to learn a new trick for roll ups. I get them in clean but I havent mastered any type of reverse roll on roll ups, thats all I do for back glass's.

Anyhow I'm at a crossroads with the dudes I share a shop with (detailers) they are pigs, I am always cleaning I have access to a space in the back thats nice and roomy but dirty. I want to clean it up but its not officially mine so I dont want to spend and then have access removed.

Strange mornin' for me today :eyebrows things are lookin interesting up here. If only I could afford my own place, sometimes I gotta remind myself this is a business for me while I'm in school.... :rollin

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TINTEM

Why not just ask if you can use the Space. If it's Ok with everyone. Then your done. But I would make sure. it was ok and they won't Kick you out once you've done all the Dirty work(LOL)

Guest TINTEM

My shop is No Clean Enviroment Room. We keep it as Clean as we can but the winds kick up here in the afternoons. dont help But I can Keep the installs Clean . . As Long AS the Prep Work is Done right first. That's the Biggest Problem most PPl Have for Clean Installs. Mostly Remember 99% of the problem Lies In the Car. not the area surrounding it.

I have a friend of Mine that has what I call Over Kill Enviroment Controled Shop. And He told me It wasn't worth the Money He Spent. Because. It all Lies On how Clean the Car is , If it's Not Clean Nor will the Install Be Clean.

He has seen My Shop and some of my installs and. Just says "See told you I wasted My Money" "But, Hey It Looks Good to the Customer"..I Guess

I would say Try some Different Ideal about Cleaning . Spray less spray more. Try some Different Towels. . you Never Know until you try. You Just Might Find something that works for you better that doesn't work for someone else....

I know. I clean my Windows Different then My guy does and Both come out the same...

Guest wilcax

what seems to work for me in a dusty condition is to use a peel board and soak the tint as soon as you peel it. also keep the roll ups dry just rinse the sides and bottom, this will make it so dust doesnt stick to it. I used to be afraid to tint while it was windy cuz I live in a dusty dry climate, but after keeping all doors closed and no circulation of air in the shop to avoid dust, I got tired of sweating my azz off and said phuck it I need air! so I started doing it with doors open. just be careful when carrying the piece and a big burst of wind comes, it might make you loose the piece of tint.

also if the dust is coming from inside the place just soak it down a bit before you tint. or use a shop vac and blow out as much dust as you can before you even pull a car in.

Archived