Hello to all...need advice on which tint I should choose..Llumar 5% or

Guest Rollingstone

Guest Rollingstone

Hey folks,

Just joined...would appreciate your POVs on which tint I should use on my Benz. It's an s-class from 1989, you know the w126 model. I'll have my 2 back car windows and rear shield tinted at the end of July. However, I'm unsure as to whether I should have 5% or 20%. What do you think? I looked at the pics projects section of this BB, but that didn't help me decide since many of the pics were with 35%.

Any pics you can post me of your car with either 5% and 20%?

Anyway, thnx to all, and happy to be here with you folks.

Best,

RS

Guest Trifecta

If those are your only two options then I would go with the 20%, 5% I agree is way to dark and makes it really hard to see out of at night. I like the look of 30 - 35% myself. Best of luck with what you chose.

Guest wilcax

on an old car like that I would definately not go with limo cuz itll look like some kid is driving it. IMO it would look better with 35%.

on an old car like that I would definately not go with limo cuz itll look like some kid is driving it. IMO it would look better with 35%.

:dunno I actually like 50% on high end cars, somthing about the subtlety, like you're not trying too hard. Let the car speak for itself. But definatley not beyond 35 IMHO.

Guest Rollingstone

Hey folks,

Thanks alot for the replies -- it's always good to hear opinions from others who have experience in tinting, either as customers themselves or as tinters. I know now I won't go with 5%. I actually was very doubtful already about 5% on my sedan, first because of the new-kid-in-car look, and also because of lack of night-clarity with it.

So now all I have to do is pick anything but 5%. Once I've decided and had the car tinted, I'll post before and after pics for the board.

Thanks again, guys...this looks like a great forum for tinting advice!

Best,

RS :dunno

you should be happy with llumar 15%. the 5% is kind of hard to see out of at night, and the 20% may be a little tto light. the 15% looks like the factory tint on the back of trucks and suv's.

llumar 15?????much too dark , it's a Benze don' t make an SUV out of it ! Its a classy car so stay with a classy look ,go for a 50 or a 35% tops( light titanium ) you'l love it. :gasp

Archived