Film rolling off glass while cutting roll downs

Guest darkdan

Guest darkdan

Recently I've been installing some 4 mil, 6 mil on cars and a little Llumar.

Man, I really cannot stand liner side in rolled film. It just tries to fall off the glass!

So I now cut out the driver's side window on the passenger side.

Then I cut out the passenger side on the driver's side.

Then I install both.

Works rather well unless you screw up the install and have to cut a second piece. Then you're back to square one and having it roll off the glass.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only ever had the occasional problem with it wanting to fall off the wall glass .Whenever I have a roll of film that's like that..after cutting the peice out on a rolldown door, when I go to bring it over to the wall glass, I simply reverse it and leave it there until it's ready to install, when it's time to install, I just turn it around again :poop

I've never had a problem with not being able to control it while cutting it on the window since I'm right there working on it while doing so. I can see where that is a good tip if your having that problem :dunno

Guest darkdan

I just hate having to try to hold the stupid thing in place while cutting.

Llumar isn't bad about in the summer, in the winter it can try to fall off a lot.

But 4 mil/6 mil is a different story. It's hard to keep it from rolling up while you're cutting.

:poop Hey I have an idea!

Since both doors are the simply opposites, just put the one that tries to roll off

up first then the other one will hold the first one up.

If yer not double cutting, yer wasting time and getting waterspots on both sides of the car.

Just be sure to tack the film down good, as it can slide during cutting! :dunno

It's an acquired touch for sure. I have cut as many as 44 doors at one time.

took a while to line them all up, but after that , 22 trucks-- BAM BAM BAM !

No it wasnt 6 mil,though :poop

We try lots of things. some fly, some flop. the important thing is to never stop

trying new things. That's how you develop your style to what works best for you! :dunno

Guest solarspot
Recently I've been installing some 4 mil, 6 mil on cars and a little Llumar.

Man, I really cannot stand liner side in rolled film. It just tries to fall off the glass!

So I now cut out the driver's side window on the passenger side.

Then I cut out the passenger side on the driver's side.

Then I install both.

Works rather well unless you screw up the install and have to cut a second piece. Then you're back to square one and having it roll off the glass.

:dunno:poop

I found this to work the best also I've done 5 trucks with N1040PS4

I didn't think about sharing good call DD

Archived