Dump trucks

Guest rcjello

Guest rcjello

I have a guy bringing me 8 dump and water trucks over the next week. I'm giving him a pretty good discount but I was wondering what kind of discount you guys would give. Some trucks have vent windows some do not. I'm basically charging him the same amt if he brought in a regular truck for 2 front windows. And I think my big trucks turn out great eventhough I have to tint them outside, what are everybody elses methods for the outdoor tint??

I don't give discounts on these trucks cause I do them outside and off a 6 ft ladder. I actually charge an extra hassle fee, but if he's bringing you 8 I would prolly do them at normal charge. Charge extra if he wants a front banner cause they're about 78 inches most the time.

Guest mhun9180

Try and do them early in the morning so there is no wind. Once you have them cut out, jump inside, close the doors and use the inside of the front screen as a peel board. You won't have any problems with dust flying around if you do that!

Should put that in for the T.O.T.W?? :dunno

Try and do them early in the morning so there is no wind. Once you have them cut out, jump inside, close the doors and use the inside of the front screen as a peel board. You won't have any problems with dust flying around if you do that!

Should put that in for the T.O.T.W?? :krazy

DING DING if that wasnt a plug than I dont know what is .. lol :nono great tip :krazy

Guest rcjello

here is an update for mr dump truck guy. So he says its just the side windows and some have vents some dont. He comes in with the dump truck and wants a visor strip well I say its x amt more and he agrees. The next truck is a semi and the driver wanted the back sides and a split windshield visor done. So the price just keeps climin. I'm gonna own a dump truck by the time he's done if he keeps addin stuff.

Oh and my method for the ole dump truck is to cut the window inside the cab. take it inside and clean it up. peel half and wet and put the release liner back on. Put it on the windshield, clean the window, then peel that pre-wetted film down and apply. they tend to come out pretty good. And I'm in an area with very little wind blockage.

I did one yesterday, pretty easy other than the vent windows, they were a biatch to cut around the lock attachment nicely. The ones with the huge windshield that doesn't have a middle divider and has the ceramic border don't even have to be shrunk for a front strip, just blue max it down.

I did a fertalizer truck last week wish I could have gotten some pics. But any way the fertalizer was chicken poo. And he said he hasn't washed the truck since he owned it. And I made the mistake of brining it in the shop. I done it real quick and it turned out nice. :krazy

Archived