Tinting trucks

Guest mhun9180

Guest mhun9180

Just mentioned it in another thread, but thought it would be helpful here.

When I get guys bring me trucks that have to be done outside, I do the following:

1. Make sure to book them in for first thing in the morning so there is very little wind. If you leave it til the afternoon it can become windy and a PITA!

2. Once I cut the film out, I jump inside the truck and shut all the doors. I then use the inside of the front screen as my peel board and away I go. This is a good way to minimize air bound contamination and makes sure the film doesn't go flying down the street!

Hope this helps! :dunno

Just mentioned it in another thread, but thought it would be helpful here.

When I get guys bring me trucks that have to be done outside, I do the following:

1. Make sure to book them in for first thing in the morning so there is very little wind. If you leave it til the afternoon it can become windy and a PITA!

2. Once I cut the film out, I jump inside the truck and shut all the doors. I then use the inside of the front screen as my peel board and away I go. This is a good way to minimize air bound contamination and makes sure the film doesn't go flying down the street!

Hope this helps! :thumb

You're a young pup there mate! I've been doing those two things for years. Not to mention making sure I get them parked next to the building sheilding it from the sun so that I've got all morning to work on one. Except now. Now I have a big building that I am able to drive big rigs in to tint in any kind of weather. Thus eliminating 1 and 2.

Good tips though! :asshat:

also wedge towels where the dash meets the glass to catch any water, dont want to fry any electrics :poke

Always a good idea to do this! :DD

Archived