Window tint for a building question.

Guest tat2punk

Guest tat2punk

I do not do tint, I have thought about it but haven't done it yet.

My wife has a hair Salon and even with the AC on it gets real hot in there when the sun is shining in. I told her I would get some advise from you guys.

What kind of tint should I use for it and what would be the best %age to keep the heat out yet keep it somewhat transparent.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

DJ

Guest VOLTRON

silver 20 will not make it transparent. I would say a 40% or maybe 50% you will only get about 50% heat rejection from those but it is alot better then nothing on there at all.

Guest darkdan

All kinds of options.

Call your local tinters and find out what they have.

There's no point in us trying to talk you into Huper Optik, V-Kool, Vista, Geoshield, MAC, etc if no one in your area has that particular one someone on this site manages to talk you into.

However, just about every company now has a high heat rejecting film that is basically transparent. So if you call around someone will have what will suit your purposes.

Check the Shop forum and shop locater, maybe someone on the board is close to you.

Guest tat2punk
All kinds of options.

Call your local tinters and find out what they have.

There's no point in us trying to talk you into Huper Optik, V-Kool, Vista, Geoshield, MAC, etc if no one in your area has that particular one someone on this site manages to talk you into.

However, just about every company now has a high heat rejecting film that is basically transparent. So if you call around someone will have what will suit your purposes.

Check the Shop forum and shop locater, maybe someone on the board is close to you.

I would rather have you talk me into something because I would buy a roll myself and do it. I am opening my shop up in a couple weeks and I will be doing it to my vinyl/print shop as well.

I am not sure about doing a car myself but a flat window I am sure I can handle myself.

I would rather have you talk me into something because I would buy a roll myself and do it. I am opening my shop up in a couple weeks and I will be doing it to my vinyl/print shop as well.

I am not sure about doing a car myself but a flat window I am sure I can handle myself.

I'd say the LX 70 of solard gard , heatgain reduction 55% invisible for the human eye,

but to buy a roll maybe to expensive!

Archived