Which is less green, Huper or Pinnacle?

Guest john2120

Guest john2120

I have a BMW 740I with Huper Optik 50 on the windows and 60 on the windshield. I will be taking delivery of a 335i coupe (sparkling graphite) soon and I am deciding which tint I should go with.

I like the performance of Huper, but I don't like the green color it throws off. I searched several forums and I know others see the same green cast from Huper, but I have not been able to find answers to the following:

- Is the green color in the glass and simply being exaggerated by the tint, or is it in the tint itself?

- Is F1 Pinnacle as green as the Huper (I have read differing opinions on this)?

I am willing to give up the high heat rejection in favor of a darker gray/charcoal look so I may go with charcool or 3M around 35%.

Any feedback/advice/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

geoshield 30 or 40 would look good and give you the heat rejection performance you want. I think that SunTek's Carbon line is pretty clear. Optical Technology is also pretty clear. I just dont think those will have the performance you're lookin for. :dunno

Guest haroldshouseoftint

:dunno to the board

Huper accentuates the green color in the glass, as do Madico films, I've never used Pinnacle so I can't tell you on that, but if the film is 50% and 60%, the "greeness" shouldn't be all that bad :dunno

I have Huper C-40 on my Avalanche, the fronts look a little greenish, but I use 98% Madico films, so I am used to the greenish look, and think "IMO" that it is easier on your eyes looking out than some other films with the "blueish" hue to them. Again I stress that is "JMO", Hopefully you can get some other responses from people that have used Pinnacle and can give their opinions on it.

Good Luck, and which ever film you go with, just make sure you have a good shop do the work, and you should be happy with your decision.

:beer:beer

Guest keister

The VLT's you are used to transform appearance little, regardless of brand/manufacturer mentioned.

Switching to 35% may alter the look to a hue you seem concerned about.

Either F1 Pinnacle or Llumar Axcess offer true "grey/charcoal " throughout entire line of each. :thumb

And yes I do sell above mentioned films.

I've also installed/sold all of the lines you are considering. :beer

Archived