new start

Guest coolrides

Guest coolrides

Hey people, been doin lots of easy cars using powder shrinking but want to start more difficult shrinks. am I using the best method for tight shrinks. just done a daewoo lanos pretty good, slight pollution but it a s**t car.lol. had some trouble doing a 91 nissan micra an ended up ripping it off twice. think might need more practice just. Any tips on methods of anchoring, and method of shrinking. also I am using defender film from the local auto store. does the film make a big difference to the shrinking process. Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I want to master this so bad. scott from belfast northern ireland.

peace.

Guest coolrides

do you think the soap method is more effective? I also have a slight concern my bosch heatgun is blowing too much air not enough heat? is this possible?

cheers

Dry, Wet. Soap, all work. If you plan on tinting many rears in a short time,powder up the J&J. No down time waiting for the soap to dry and I find a little powder on the front side speeds shrinking on many films that are sensitive to heat....... :beer ...... I have even tweaked my skills after 20+ years from lessons on TiNTDUDE....don't forget to watch the Allstar tinters on UTUBE.

I really dont know why everyone thinks wating on the soap to dry take so long...I will soap the back glass. Go over and cut it on the ploter and trim it and the soap is already dry by the time I am read to start shrinking..

if you hand cutting...pull it in soap it up and go cut on of the roll ups...

I personally think soap is quicker but all ways are effective...but soap is the best IMO

Guest solarspot
I really dont know why everyone thinks wating on the soap to dry take so long...I will soap the back glass. Go over and cut it on the ploter and trim it and the soap is already dry by the time I am read to start shrinking..

I personally think soap is quicker but all ways are effective...but soap is the best IMO

We are from Texas sometimes the soap is dry before you can walk around and get the other side :hmmm:lol2

And if your as old as Willie its always dry before you get to the other side :)

:lol2 Dries up real quick this time of year. Whether you have a plotter or not, there's always plenty to do while the soap film dries.

Archived