How many choices do you offer customers?

I've always kept it simple. 20% silver, 35% silver, and 50%. Try to match film to what the customer needs to accomplish. Most of my applications are 20 and 35's. 50's are usually storefronts, but sometimes a residential customer doesn't want to see the film and goes with the 50. If someone is determined to have 3M, no problem, add 50% to the proposal. Put up very little bronze. I tell customer truth, but only if they ask. Bronze gives unnatural look compared to gray (silver). My motto: Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I put up more bronze 50 and 35 on homes. 35% bronze or 35% silver on store fronts. I offer all flatglass films that I can get.

One thing for sure is to know what the customer wants film for and offer them 2 or 3 choices at the most when selling them......

I offer a ceramic film (geoshield), and I also offer HanitaTEK's Optitune line (for a tinted look), their bronze and their silver lines too. That way I kind of "cover my bases" if you will. I try to keep it simple too. In short, I say, "I have a quality, high end film, and a quality low end film. Just depends on the look you want and what kind of a budget you're running on." then they freespit some questions and I give them honest answers. Once they're interested, I've got em hooked and a job is born. :beer speaking of money... I'm goin to give a quote tomorrow morning! hopefully it'll all be gravy. The lady sounded like a man, so we'll see.

Guest mhun9180

I offer everything J has. DN, NS, SS, SB, SV, Arch, etc, etc. And I'll give the customer whatever they want. Over here we can buy all our film pre-cut, so I only order each job as it comes along. Saves $$$ that way. :beer

Guest haroldshouseoftint

automotive, I have 4 different lines and 3 - 4 different shades, for FG I have 4 diff bronzes, 4 diff greys, ceramic, XSIR, starlight, silvers, I offer about 25 - 30 different colors/shades of flat glass film :lol2 if you don't have it, you can't sell it IMO :):hmmm

Guest Key West
One thing for sure is to know what the customer wants film for and offer them 2 or 3 choices at the most when selling them......

:lol2 Any more than that they go into brainlock! It will become a life or death descision for them and you will wait forever for them to make up thier minds!!

Guest tallscott

I offer the film that will solve there problems. "This is what you need!" Of course I ask what their looking to do first, then use the film that works! The only choice they have to make is to do it or not!

I'm also solving their problems, I just give them few options deppending on how they want it to look like. I tried leting them decide but brainlock was a big problem, you just have to push them towards making the right decision

Archived