How do I help this customer?

Ok, so I got a call the other day from a local church who wanted some skylights tinted. I walk in and see a problem right away. If you were looking at the skylighted area from the roof...it would look like a submarine that was surfaced if ya know what I mean. The ends are domed....as in quarter spheres. Then I notice that there is stress "fingers" along the edge of the center glasses. So obviously these are polycarbonate...lexan or something. Problem is that the parishoners are roasting in the center pews during the summer months. Anybody got any solutions?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
those people are just gonna have to wear lighter colored clothes or sit somewhere else :beer

:dunno after I told the minister that I didnt thing there was anything I could do, his response was...."I dont know why they just dont sit somewhere else anyway!?!?!"

But you know how ppl can be...they wanna be able to biatch about sumpin. :dunno

if it is curved and plastic then I doubt you have any good solution in a film. A solar shade material like sheerweave stretched across the opening would help with the direct light and should help the heat.....

if it is curved and plastic then I doubt you have any good solution in a film. A solar shade material like sheerweave stretched across the opening would help with the direct light and should help the heat.....

:dunno thats what I told him but I said that I would check and see what other options there are. thx guys :beer

:beer:dunno

I've actually had people to install a glass directly under the skylight-then I tint that piece of glass.

now there's an idea..... :dunno wonder how much money they are willing to spend to keep cool....... :dunno

:beer

Archived