huper optik window films

Guest MAGIC2006

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Litespeeds

Don't know what to tell you Devil. Is there a difference between Stark 30% and Ceramic 30%? On the boxes that I have, it says Ceramic 30%.

The film appears to have some oily residue when installed under flourescent light and it disappears after the film dries from what I understand.

The film also ghosts after heat shrinking and can be seen under direct sunlight but that also seems to disappear after about 2-3 weeks.

The Ceramic 30% does allow around 33-34% visible light transmittance. I do not have a gauge to measure reflectivity but compared to the Suntek HP Charcoal which has around a 5-6% reflectivity and Suntek Infinity OP full metal which has around 12-13% reflectivity, this falls right around 8-9% like they measured from Huper Optik on their spec sheet.

None of my customers have complained about interference so as far as I know, this film is doing exactly as it is stated. The only thing that was brought to my attention recently is the optical clarity on a back glass of a G35 coupe that I did about a month ago. The customer states that he sees some orange peel on the adhesive. I have not seen it to verify it but I can imagine that most window films will not look as optically clear depending upon the angle that you are viewing the film. The G35 coupe has a very steep sloped angle so when you are looking through any film, you are looking through more adhesive and that could give a slight bit of orange peel effect.

Don't know why you are having the problems that you are. I actually squeegee this film with a heavy duty squeegee like the ones they use for safety security film installs. I don't think the blue max has enough pressure to remove the excess solution for a faster dry time.

Lightspeeds I have bad orange peel on the stark 60 roll that I have in my garage. I had noticed that was the norm for Solis. The stark 60 I have is the only huper I have used. The orange peel is more noticeable of course after it is installed.

Guest Litespeeds

Protint,

Give your Huper Optik rep a call and tell him about the problem. They will be more than happy to exchange it for another roll. Their customer service is incredible. If any dealer has a problem, they want to know it so they can improve upon it.

When I ordered my first 3 rolls of ceramic, they sent it in regular tint boxes. I thought they would be shipped in their fancy colored boxes so when I was at SEMA, I talked to the main guy and told him about my expectation and he told me that they will look into it and do some changes. I will have to see when I order my next few rolls.

Guest H?perOptik
I have Stark 60 on the windshield of my suburban.  Doesn't take heat well and the clarity is not so hot.

I'll be the first to admit that Ceramic60 is not the best of our products, but when you compare clear films in the market, most dont have good heat rejection either. cutting out 42%TSER is better than letting in 100%

its meant more as a complementary product for front w/screen or for shopfronts requiring higher VLT. you may want to look at SECH, 59%VLT, 8.28%VLR, 83%IRR, 54%TSER.

cheers!

Guest H?perOptik
Don't know what to tell you Devil.  Is there a difference between Stark 30% and Ceramic 30%?  On the boxes that I have, it says Ceramic 30%. 

they are one and the same :lol6

just renamed recently due to branding exercise

Guest H?perOptik
Protint,

Give your Huper Optik rep a call and tell him about the problem.  They will be more than happy to exchange it for another roll.  Their customer service is incredible.  If any dealer has a problem, they want to know it so they can improve upon it.

When I ordered my first 3 rolls of ceramic, they sent it in regular tint boxes.  I thought they would be shipped in their fancy colored boxes so when I was at SEMA, I talked to the main guy and told him about my expectation and he told me that they will look into it and do some changes.  I will have to see when I order my next few rolls.

litespeeds

the new packing is unlikely to be ready if you are ordering sometime soon, but the design is out, and ready to roll on the presses. keep an eye out and let me know your comments! :lol6

Guest H?perOptik
Lite,

Pardon me for still being puzzled with your Stark usuage.

Have you actually fitted up the Stark 30 (no other alternative VLT's) and not had blushing, radio interference, nor increased reflectivity externally?

devil

devil,

having walked different tint markets, whats acceptable in some countries are thrown out the door in others... so I guess its a matter of managing expectations

as I mentioned previously, the film I sent u were samples meant for heat rejection purposes only, not really fair to compare looks.

it is quite common for films with multi layer (complex coatings) to have some degree of iridescence, our techs have looked at the streaks and that batch from which your sample was cut was rejected as it didnt meet our QC requirements.

try the Drei if you are keen :lol6

cheers!

ps I will be in VIC sometime in early march, might pop by your place then :nope

The film appears to have some oily residue when installed under flourescent light and it disappears after the film dries from what I understand.

The film also ghosts after heat shrinking and can be seen under direct sunlight but that also seems to disappear after about 2-3 weeks.

The only thing that was brought to my attention recently is the optical clarity on a back glass of a G35 coupe that I did about a month ago.  The customer states that he sees some orange peel on the adhesive.

1. Oily appearance hasn't gone out of mine (7 months old now) but this is not an observation only akin to Huper Optik. All manufacturers seem to have it also under the right lighting cinditions.

2. I gave up on heat shrinking Lite...just couldn't get it to play at all and Idid haven't a lot to spare if I lost more film in trying. I seamed, it stayed, it looks fine, no pack drill.

3. Optical clarity is fantastic. 11/10 if possible.

Anyone not investigating this manufacturer for future high end sales especially with availability easy in the USA is left to fight it out with the other bottom end feeders. Congrats HO for making something different.

Devil

Guest H?perOptik
Oily appearance hasn't gone out of mine (7 months old now) but this is not an observation only akin to Huper Optik. All manufacturers seem to have it also under the right

The oily stain commonly seen under flouresent light is primarily due to the hardcoat thickness being in the range of the VL wavelengths, thus causing an interference-related color shift.

this interference causes some wavelengths of light to be enhanced and some to be canceled out, hence light that is reflected from the film surface is no longer white (invisible) light as some colours that constitue to the spectrum that makes up white light is not present. the rainbow effect is the result of the colours that have been enhanced.

this phenomenon (I am not sure if its anything that technical!!) is rarely visible under natural light, as sunlight has a broader spectrum and higher density. Artificial light sources, esp sodium lamps with its narrower spectrum will make this more prominent.

More importantly, iridesence DOES NOT interfere with the films' performance.

see attached diagram (pardon the poor drawing!)

Archived