I need some glass for my workstation

I made a tint peeler/work area out of a cheapie scaffolding like many on here have. I was using some random window from a house or something but it cracked. Well I met a contact who has a glass place and can get me a 6'x4' section of safety glass for around $120 I would tint their 95 Impala SS and remove that from the price.

Just wondering if anyone else on here has gone this route, I cant find a free peice of glass anywhere and this saftey glass is much safer and they will bevel all the edges for me.

Opinions? Cost too much, good deal? I am gonna go through with it but figured I'd see what folks on here are doing for glass.

:eyebrows

Guest RCOOTE

I know this pic is from way back and really needs to be updated but here is the glass from my table.. Now I have lights, shelves, and stocked with film

100_5297.jpg

If you really want to save $$ , Go to any glass company from your town and they'll have a broken thermopane patio door , take it and strip off the old sealant with a 4" scraper and voila , perfect peeler..I did that 20 yrs ago and still have the same peeler board ..cost me $ 10..I asked for another one last yr for a friend of mine.. $15 :eyebrows

$120 for the glass and youre "removing the price of the impala from the glass?" do you do cars for $99 or what? :beer

you know someone on this place aint gonna be chargin 99. Nah I am removing the price of the glass from the job. I added a PITA tax to the car, gotta remove that rear deck on them bad boys.

:beer:lol

I searched and searched, I couldnt find a good safe piece of glass. I cracked mine, removed the one layer that was cracked, then cracked the second layer and still used that around the shop with sharp edges... not smart, one trip to the ER and I could be outta the game for weeks. Its worth the $120 to be safe and have something to work with by tomorrow.

Guest RCOOTE

Just took the pic you can see the patio glass is perfect and with the light behind its great for cutting patterns. I screwed the light to the bottom of the top shelf..

Hope this helps,

table.jpg

Archived