2000 buick park avenue, almost got it need help

Guest newtothis

Guest newtothis

I am tiniting a 2000 park ave. when I attempt the rear roll downs, I cut it to shape from the outside then I apply it to the inside. I do the top first but when I bring the window up there

is a forming gap on the left vertical edge of the window. I don't know if the window shifts when it goes up or what but I cut it exactly to shape from the outside. the window comes out clear but there is a gap on the left vertical edge, what is the secret? I tried installing from the bottom first then the top but then there is a small gap on the right side, can some1 help me?

first, :uh

and tell us where your from

as for the window, when you are cutting the film to the outside, I just cut the top edge only, then I mark the sides with a sharpie. when you remove the film to your peel board, go back and look at the window edges from the inside to see how much room you may have for extra tint. On some cars with windows that shift, while you are learning, you may want to mark the outside vertical edges at where you had the film, before you roll it up. Then roll the glass up and see how much it shifts, and cut your film on the peel board to compensate. Most cars I do, I usually add maybe a 1/8" to 1/4" to each side past my mark, so there will be no gap. some vehicles you may find a need to add more then that, like some truck and suv's at the front edge of the front roll ups :uh

hope this makes since

cut the edge that doesnt roll out first... shift over about 1/4 inch... then on the side that shifts out, cut the bottom like an inch and shift it backover about an 1/8. set your window, then roll down to cut the top and side the rolls out... on your peel board line up the rolled out edge and your bottom cut and make a straight edge... works for me

Guest newtothis

sorry I'm from philadelphia, city of brotherly love my ass, haha but anyway I just opened a auto detailing, audio/video, and security shop near center city and I was trying to master tinting to offer that to, but thanks for the help, do you think you can just be more specific on the way you do it, I'm still a little unsure how you did it thanks.

Archived