Jaguar x type

Guest dustedu5

Guest dustedu5

Hi Im having a horrible time getting my rear window tinted because the deck on my jaguar x type 04 is to close to the window, is there any way I can remove that myself?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a 2002 X-Type today. I had to remove the deck to finish the tint removal job that someone poorly attempted. I don't know if it's the same body as your 04, but here's how mine went:

fold the back seats down,

release the sides of the back seat at the top (there's a spring loaded black thing that holds the piece in.)

remove the 10mm bolt holding in the C pillar covers.

remove the C pillar covers.

remove the sides of the rear deck.

remove the deck.

02 models do not have fold down seats. Yank out the bottom seat cushion, that will expose two torx bolts that must be removed. After that the top cushion can be removed. THere might be a odd screw or two somewhere in there but its the removal of the bottom seat and those two torx bolts that are the part that stumps folks.

pops right out then easy peasy...

02 models do not have fold down seats. Yank out the bottom seat cushion, that will expose two torx bolts that must be removed. After that the top cushion can be removed. THere might be a odd screw or two somewhere in there but its the removal of the bottom seat and those two torx bolts that are the part that stumps folks.

pops right out then easy peasy...

:lol2

P.S. OU SUCKS.........GO POKES!!!!!!

:lol2

Archived