Jaguar x type

Guest dustedu5

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I pulled two decks so far, all the others I managed to squeak by. I guess it varies a little between them, sometimes theres just no way around it.

Not a huge fan of pulling this deck, but at least you can pop one side and pull it back just a little instead of taking the whole thing out.

I pulled two decks so far, all the others I managed to squeak by. I guess it varies a little between them, sometimes theres just no way around it.

Not a huge fan of pulling this deck, but at least you can pop one side and pull it back just a little instead of taking the whole thing out.

Agreed. I haven't pulled decks since the 1986 Cutlass Cierra waaaaaaay "back in the day"

I did a 2002 X-Type today. I had to remove the deck to finish the tint removal job that someone poorly attempted. I don't know if it's the same body as your 04, but here's how mine went:

fold the back seats down,

release the sides of the back seat at the top (there's a spring loaded black thing that holds the piece in.)

remove the 10mm bolt holding in the C pillar covers.

remove the C pillar covers.

remove the sides of the rear deck.

remove the deck.

I just did a 03 Jag..

Why does lot of people say remove deck??? I did it with no problem.. Just use your hand push it down the deck and feed it down the edge..

I had more problems with removing head rests.. which I left there and tinted aound them too...

No door panels removed.. All in all the car is not bad...

Guest Darknesswithin

I don't remove those,, instead I use a carpet shield as if it was the door,, after you prep the window for installation shove the shield in there and the film will go in just fine

I don't remove those,, instead I use a carpet shield as if it was the door,, after you prep the window for installation shove the shield in there and the film will go in just fine

For some reason,,, ( maybe my cold) I can't think of what a carpet shield looks like...

I just tinted the 2009 X Yype and got the dealer to remove all the rear deck and door trims.

Tough rear screen in one but dead easy sides.

Word of warning....the dealer broke just about everyone of the male/female clips that hold the door trims in place and has ordered new ones at a ridiculous cost of about $95 US.....lucky I don't have to pay.

Devil

Archived