76 Buick Skylark

Guest PimpMyTint

Guest PimpMyTint

OK, had this guy come in this week & wants his 1976 Buick Skylark tinted. Everything but the windshield. The front windows will be no problem, frameless. I'm concerned about the back 3 windows. The glass is old, and has butyl oozing out into the viewable glass, along with rubber gaskets & seals. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I advised the guy that the BEST option was to have the back 3 windows removed, and I would tint them loose, then have them reinstalled. The car is near mint, except for the dirt and grime stuck in all the crevices & corners of the back 3 windows. I could easily just try my best to clean the glass IN the car, however I know for a fact that most of it will just rush back inbetween the film & glass when I go to stick it (and naturally looklike sh!at). Any suggestions? :beer:lol

075.jpg

076.jpg

077.jpg

078.jpg

079.jpg

083.jpg

Guest tintgod

not worth the trouble..unless he is paying you really good for it...if he want a top notch job done...he should have the windows removed....other then that...I wouldnt touch it.

Trim out the goop wth your olfa, wipe out excess with paint thinner and a rag, keep wiping until it's clean....that's all you can do, or cut it short and use blackout tape.....both suggestions are better than not tinting it, that's just stupid, take the man's money, tint the car

Guest tintgod
Trim out the goop wth your olfa, wipe out excess with paint thinner and a rag, keep wiping until it's clean....that's all you can do, .....both suggestions are better than not tinting it, that's just stupid, take the man's money, tint the car
or cut it short and use blackout tape
.. :lol6 ..the hack quote of the week...yeah...go ahead and put black out tape on it ..that will look real good... :lol6 ..I remember doing that back when I first started tinting...when I was inexperienced and didnt know any better....what is your excuse..? ...oh yeah...you just want the guys money and dont give a ratts azz what it looks like..this right here is what is wrong with this industry.. :hmmm

Guest willie
.. :hmmm ..the hack quote of the week...yeah...go ahead and put black out tape on it ..that will look real good... :lol6 ..I remember doing that back when I first started tinting...when I was inexperienced and didnt know any better....what is your excuse..? ...oh yeah...you just want the guys money and dont give a ratts azz what it looks like..this right here is what is wrong with this industry.. :hmmm

:lol6

Trim out the goop wth your olfa, wipe out excess with paint thinner and a rag, keep wiping until it's clean....that's all you can do, or cut it short and use blackout tape.....both suggestions are better than not tinting it, that's just stupid, take the man's money, tint the car

.. :hmmm ..the hack quote of the week...yeah...go ahead and put black out tape on it ..that will look real good... :hmmm ..I remember doing that back when I first started tinting...when I was inexperienced and didnt know any better....what is your excuse..? ...oh yeah...you just want the guys money and dont give a ratts azz what it looks like..this right here is what is wrong with this industry.. :hmmm

and when he gets in there and cuts that stuff out, the window will probably start to leak, and who is gonna pay for that, the tinter, for being a hack :lol

if he cares enough about that old car, he will pay the extra money to make it look right

Archived