76 Buick Skylark

Guest PimpMyTint

Guest tintgod
worse :shock

yeah..nothing worse then a .."get their money and dont give a sheit what it looks like tinter"...that is what is wrong...these so called window tinters on the net give out crap advise like that and ppl thinking the whole industry is like that.

:dunno

Okay first off, if the window leaks after to trimed that black tar..Then YOU cut entirly WAY TO MUCH of that crap out....You gotta trim dat shiz! I mean really...If he isnt paying to have the glass removed then clean up the tar was best you can...at least make it look decent...When you go ahead and shrink you backglass...trim about 1/8th of a inch off of it, all the way around....I would suggest you talk him into the darkest film thats allowed in the state...here we can do 5% so after in install my film I will have a slight light line all the way around it...Now its time for the paint pen....Now I prefer removing the glass but sometimes the car just doesnt permit you to do it...Check out the 57 Chevy 210 I did in the tinted car section...That was done this way...I didnt pull the glass cause the car was a fram eoff resto and I will be damned if I am going to screw up a black finish like that...Honestly it looks top notch and unless you are a window tinter you would never know!

Guest PimpMyTint

I'm DEFINETLY not a hack. I already sent him home once, and told him I would post this on my window tint forum & see what some other experienced professional tinters such as myself would recommend. I asked him if he would be willing to have the glass removed, & he does not want the additional cost. So I think I will either: Turn him down completely, and let someone hack it up, or: I will charge him in upwards of $500 & have MY glass guy come pull the glass, then clean it properly, tint it, & have MY glass guy slap it all back in. I REFUSE to try to clean these windows IN the car. It's Next to Impossible, thats just fact. Anyone who's tinted a year or two would know that. So... I will let ya'll know what happens. His appointment is tomorrow. I refuse to let customers cars go imperfect. We all know there is no such thing as the PERFECT tint job... but I do my damndest to make sure that the imperfections are unnoticable. That is impossible on THESE back 3 windows. I warranty ALL of my work, and wouldn't want someone seeing a hack job & pointing the finger at ME! No Way!

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Guest FilmBlazer

Nice car, good luck with it.... And welcome to the Forum, Michigan represent! Yes everyone, the sun actually does shine here in Michigan.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
I'm DEFINETLY not a hack. I already sent him home once, and told him I would post this on my window tint forum & see what some other experienced professional tinters such as myself would recommend. I asked him if he would be willing to have the glass removed, & he does not want the additional cost. So I think I will either: Turn him down completely, and let someone hack it up, or: I will charge him in upwards of $500 & have MY glass guy come pull the glass, then clean it properly, tint it, & have MY glass guy slap it all back in. I REFUSE to try to clean these windows IN the car. It's Next to Impossible, thats just fact. Anyone who's tinted a year or two would know that. So... I will let ya'll know what happens. His appointment is tomorrow. I refuse to let customers cars go imperfect. We all know there is no such thing as the PERFECT tint job... but I do my damndest to make sure that the imperfections are unnoticable. That is impossible on THESE back 3 windows. I warranty ALL of my work, and wouldn't want someone seeing a hack job & pointing the finger at ME! No Way!

Thanks for the advice everyone!

:uh Thats a good sound idea right there, with having your glass guy R&R it, and the best way to do that car IMO :ninja

Archived