dust in the wind

Guest lightwalk333

Guest lightwalk333

I have been tinting slowly for a few months . I work out of my garage for friends for experience. Work a night job to keep the bills paid. I guess maybe I'm to picky but at what point is enough enough? I truly want contamination free, factory like jobs. Now no one has complained in any way and I've been referenced enough work that I can turn it away right now (JUSTIFIED: I'm still in my learning curve) But I'm not prepared to go full throttle until I can put out the work I would expect to recieve. Am I being to hard on my self. Is a professional shop job still "O.K" with a little contamination? Hopefully you guys/Girls know where I'm Comin from. This FOrum ROCKS. THanks..... Jon

Guest Key West
I have been tinting slowly for a few months . I work out of my garage for friends for experience. Work a night job to keep the bills paid. I guess maybe I'm to picky but at what point is enough enough? I truly want contamination free, factory like jobs. Now no one has complained in any way and I've been referenced enough work that I can turn it away right now (JUSTIFIED: I'm still in my learning curve) But I'm not prepared to go full throttle until I can put out the work I would expect to recieve. Am I being to hard on my self. Is a professional shop job still "O.K" with a little contamination? Hopefully you guys/Girls know where I'm Comin from. This FOrum ROCKS. THanks..... Jon

Dude, I work out of my garage also. I had a "real shop" for years, but since I am now concentrating on flat, I closed it and do cars at home. I sweep at least twice a day, and clean the peel boards frequently.(I have one on each wall) I am getting every bit the quality I did at my "Shop", maybe even better now since I only do 2 or 3 per day. I have raised my prices, and lowered the car count so I can spend more time being 4|\|4L about contamination.

One shop here has built a "paint booth" type environment for tinting! :thumb:nope:nope I do cleaner work than them on one of my RARE bad days!

As has been stated, No job is PERFECT!! (except mine!! :dunno ) The car glass is not perfect. The older the car, the less perfect its gonna be. We can only strive to do the best we can with what we are given to work with. My experience is that 99% of all contamination comes from the vehicle, or you. Your attitude is great tho. Keep trying. Nothing wrong with a garage shop.

3 words on getting good clean jobs. PREP, PREP, and PREP!!! Pay attention to that and you'll do fine!!! Hang around!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of Tint! (hope you got a good supply of whatever gets you thru it!!!) :lol2:shock:lol2

Archived