question for those who reverse roll back windows

Guest keepitcool

Guest keepitcool

how do you guys reverse roll a back window in a car that has the third brake light molded into the rear deck.I tried doing it a little different today w. a gran prix and rolled it top to bottom instead of right to left .got it behind the brake light easy...but then wrestled w/ the rest of the film kinking over and falling down.there isnt enough clearence on the sides for this process to work.I reverse roll all day on cars that dont have the brake light and I really dont want to have to charge the customer extra to rip out the backseat.ecspecially on something like the malibus or a certain model civic.I need to find out how to do this so I dont have to depend on someone to be there to help me hand it in to the car when im ready to do the install.thanks for the advice in advance.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod

just rip out the rear deck anyway....do it for no charge....most of them are really easy anyway...that is what I do....but that is me.....I have it down on most cars , were I can get the back deck out on a few min....makes my job alot easier... :dunno

Guest SQUEEGEE
what is the name of the tip of the week by S&S?.I cant find it

Reverse rolling from the middle is a :lol6 idea.

Don't steer the poor boy wrong Exact-Oh.

The answer will come shortly KIC.

Use the force.

:dunno

I pull every deck free, too. Customers should not be penalized because of the car they drive. If you charge by the hour, maybe. I don't know of anyone who does that. I don't know of a deck that takes longer than 5 minutes to get out and back in.

Guest Sprinter

why do you reverse roll your tint in are you tall?

ever try the arm carry?

or in fact yesterday watched a guy who is 6' 2" that peels the liner then folds over the sides by about 20 inches on both sides and theb picks it up and get in the car then sets the tint on the back deck sprays the window down then unfolds the tint and then puts his hands under the film and moves it up to the window, you know the rest.

Archived