question for those who reverse roll back windows

Guest keepitcool

Guest SQUEEGEE
why do you reverse roll your tint in are you tall?

ever try the arm carry?

or in fact yesterday watched a guy who is 6' 2" that peels the liner then folds over the sides by about 20 inches on both sides and theb picks it up and get in the car then sets the tint on the back deck sprays the window down then unfolds the tint and then puts his hands under the film and moves it up to the window, you know the rest.

Sounds great Sprinter if you've got a nice clean deck to work with but if you get a piece lint, dirt or heaven forbid a pube (B.S. will appreciate) on any edge then yer phucked. I know because I tried that method early on - not good.

Reverse rolling is so easy once you get the hang of it.

Just my $0.02.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Braud Spectrum
why do you reverse roll your tint in are you tall?

ever try the arm carry?

or in fact yesterday watched a guy who is 6' 2" that peels the liner then folds over the sides by about 20 inches on both sides and theb picks it up and get in the car then sets the tint on the back deck sprays the window down then unfolds the tint and then puts his hands under the film and moves it up to the window, you know the rest.

Sounds great Sprinter if you've got a nice clean deck to work with but if you get a piece lint, dirt or heaven forbid a pube (B.S. will appreciate) on any edge then yer phucked. I know because I tried that method early on - not good.

Reverse rolling is so easy once you get the hang of it.

Just my $0.02.

:tantrum

I'm still waiting on my UPS man for your "shipment" Squeej.... :lol6

Guest powertints

I always take the 3rd light or deck lid out. I do sometimes charge a little more for the cars that have a PITA rear deck lid though. I have never installed a back window any other way besides back rolling, it's how I learned. I back roll a lot of windows. Much cleaner install, and a hell of a lot faster at least for me....

I guess I'll have to practice on a hatchback or something. I know it would make life in the backseat of a two-door easier. And, if OT does it, we know it's the way to go!

By the way OT, how's business? I can't believe it, but I'm jammed this week. More work this week than on a lot of weeks this summer. :thumb

Archived