question for those who reverse roll back windows

Guest keepitcool

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Me_shelli

:dunno I have kind of a strange method. My boss taught me. I have a time back rollin', but I have done it on a few pick ups. What I do is once I'm ready to go in the car I wet the film and the inside of the window. Pull the film off the back window and I bend over back wards like I'm gonna walk like a crab. I then slightly curl my arms, like I'm craddling a load of fire wood. Then I move into the car. possitioning the bottom of the tint toward the bottom of the window. Then I push the tint either behind the light our to the very bottom of the window. But I'm about 5'6" so this may work better for some one small. :lol6 It comes out really clean too. Just have to make sure you don't touch the tint to the head liner and your fine. :dunno

Usually I take the back deck in most cars. Even Malibus which are about 15 pieces by the time you get it out. But I've had problems with the newer Civic 2 doors. Afraid of breaking the plastic deck. So I made a tool out of a large plastic clip board and duck tape. Works wonders for getting the tint down behind the light. :dunno

OK, had my first sucessful RR yesterday. After the probs I had with that truck sticking too fast, I used some concentrated stip solution on the glass. Everything worked great, had minimal contam., less than expected on this 13 year old car. Again, thanks to all on TD!

Guest assneckavenger

well have I have now started to reverse roll and found it to be great and I just did a 02 gradprix yesterday and cut the 3rd light out and didn't have a problem with rring it. maybe luck :thumb

I did the truck to try the technique for the first time. I thought it would be nice with no obstructions, curves, etc.

I found a 8' piece of 3/4" pcv pipe here at the shop, I cut one peice 18" and another 28". I like the pipe, 'cause of the hole in the center. I can hold it with one finger, without touching the film.

I need more practice though.

Archived