factory "tint"

Guest thetintshop

Guest thetintshop

I have a question about the factory darkened glass. in states like minnisota, wisconsin, nebraska, massachusettes, ohio, kansas, and colorado, where the factory darkened glass on most all SUV and pickups is darker than the law allows, how do they enforce it?

hell, in alaska, NO tint is allowed on the back sides and back glass of MPVs.

so how does the law enforce it when these vehicles come that way from the factory? do they just let it go? if so, WHY?

and why isn't someone, like the IWFA, fighting the car makers on this? they're killing our industry and the IWFA is just standing by watching. (like that suprises me) if it weren't for the damn car maufacturers, I would make about 5 times the money I do now. instead of people coming in for a $60 job, they'd come in for a $225-$275 job. most of the suv's I see don't even have the two fronts done. I can imagine how pissed you guys are in states like cali where you can't even tint the two fronts. hell ya'll probably never see a suv or pickup.

sorry for the rant. I'm just pissed and needed to vent.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know in MD that the law is 35% all the way around. I think there is a clause that says cars tinted from the factory are exempt. So I guess if you drive a truck that had clear glass now tinted from a shop you just tell the cop that you bought it like that. :thumb . I think that the normal cop couldnt tell the difference. All they really care about here is the D/P.

Guest thetintshop

if it comes from the factory it's exempt???????

that's a bunch of bullshit. if that's the case, why don't they just change the laws so it doesn't confuse the police?

Guest Sprinter

right on tintshop, were with you!!

just pass a law!!

thats all we have to do, or try to do, how bout a petition signed by normal people. I bet I could get 4 million in my state that would gofor darker than 35% on the fronts!!

Archived